Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Back To The Future", Lowest Common Denominator Language Stupidity, "Smallville"



Hello,

Last night I had my three youngest kids with me and as they usually do, they wanted to watch a movie. I flipped through the channels and found "Back To The Future". That's probably at least the fifth or sixth time I've seen that movie and it was amazing again. A great and funny story. My kids loved Christopher Lloyd and all his expressions and his comments. Micheal J. Fox was born to play that role. Crispin Glover was excellent as well. (It must have been my Crispin Glover week, as I also watched "Hot Time Tub Machine" this week.)

Just like I did back in 1985 I fell madly in love with Lea Thompson, she's so gorgeous in this movie. She's got the innocent look down perfectly. Just like Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) in "Grease". Do you want to feel old, Lea Thompson is 49 years old! She's still looking very good. Here's another piece of trivia for you, Olivia Newton-John was 29 when "Grease" was filmed. She's absolutely gorgeous in the below picture.



Now on to the lowest common denominator issue. I thought "Hot Time Tub Machine" was a pretty good movie, however I made the mistake of watching the unedited version. And it seemed like every third word was the f-bomb, my least favorite word in the world. It was especially used a lot when Rob Corddry was on the screen. He plays a loser in the movie, and I can't think any better way of showing that than the constant use of the f-bomb.

I'm very much looking forward to the October 20th Nickelback/ Three Days Grace/Buckcherry concert. I'm especially looking forward to Buckcherry. They kick some serious butt, but is the f-bomb really needed so much? Their constant use of that word shows a lack of intelligence and creativity. I'd suggest for them to get a thesaurus but I don't think the f-bomb is in there. Thanks to napster.com having the edited versions of most of the Buckcherry CD's.

Buckcherry also made two videos for "Crazy B", the one that allegedly is tame is bad enough. I didn't even watch the much more explicit version, no thanks. Of course, if you've seen 10 seconds of the tame version you've seen the whole video. Those 10 seconds are the whole video over and over again. How cliche is it for a heavy metal band to have a scantily clad model dance provocatively? Really isn't there a better idea out there? I'm guessing it doesn't matter because they are still going to be shooting for the lowest common denominator. Maybe Buckcherry you should challenge yourselves, raise the bar both creatively and morally? Maybe shoot for a goal of complete respect of women and not objectify. I know that's too much to hope for, but amusicaddict can dream, can't he?

Yes, I acknowledge the hypocrisy of whining about the lowest common denominator of language and then having pictures of all these gorgeous women on my blog. However I must say after seeing this picture I want to watch Season 10 of "Smallville". Season 10 premieres September 24th. I watched the first two or three years of it and then got tired of the lame stories.



Of course no one will ever top the gorgeousness of Teri Hatcher's Lois Lane:



I checked out a couple of episodes of "Smallville". It was okay, but here's my question? Why does the official website cwtv.com only have 4 episodes available to watch. Of course that's four more than what Comcast On Demand has. They have 0. Apparently they don't want people to catch up on past episodes and maybe watch the tenth and final season of "Smallville".

Holy cow there's a lot going on "Smallville". I've only watched Season 9, Episodes 18 and 19 and this is some of the pieces going on now. Is everyone a superhero now? When did Superman stop being Superman and become the Blur? What is exactly the Blur and how is he different than Superman? When did Superman become friends with the Luthor family? What's a Candarian and why are they here? What do they want? Why does everyone know where the Fortress is, so much for the Fortress of Solitude. What is going on with Lois and Superman? What is Checkmate and Watchtower? Do the producers of "Smallville" realize that's the Watchtower is the name of the Jehovah Witness magazine? Why is everyone so pretty or handsome. How many story lines can be going on at once?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites