Thursday, August 17, 2017

(Finished September 7th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands #32 The Knack: Their Best 80's Era Songs Part 1 # 42 to #31

Hello,

The Knack, powered by "My Sharona", is one of the least known rock bands of the 80s. However they've always been one of my favorite bands from that era. The Knack was lead by singer Doug Fieger, he cowrote "My Sharona". Unfortunately Fieger died at the too young age of 57. Other members over the years include Berton Averre, Bruce Gary, Prescott Niles, Pat Torpey, Billy Ward, Terry Bozzio, David Henderson, Duane Leinan and Ken Knaack.

The Knack is one of those bands who's biggest impact was with one CD. After exploding on the scene in 1979 with the amazing "Get The Knack", they were forced to do a couple of quick follow up CDs. The first was 1980's "... But The Little Girls Understand" and 1981's "Round Trip". That CD was actually decent, but it seemed to sink The Knack. They didn't make another CD until 1991's "Serious Fun". All the songs from "Get The Knack" and the under appreciated "Round Trip" are on this countdown. However six of the highest rated eight songs are from their debut CD. 

Although I consider myself a big fan of The Knack I only have 17 of their songs on my iTunes.

42) "We Are Waiting":


41) "Pay The Devil":


40) "(Havin' A) Rave Up":


39) "It's You":



38) "I Want Ya":



37) "Sweet Dreams":



36) "Shine":



35) "The Feeling I Get":



34) "Lil Cal's Big Mistake":



33) "River of Sighs":



32) "Tell Me You're Mine":



31) "Africa":



themusicaddict

    No comments:

    Favorites