Sunday, August 20, 2017

(Finished August 20th, 2017) An Eclipse Playlist

Hello,

Honestly I couldn't care less about Monday's eclipse, but a lot of people do. However I thought it would be fun to create an eclipse playlist. I looked at a few other eclipse playlists, and they were suggesting songs that didn't really make sense in the context of an eclipse. I tried to include only songs that actually made sense within an eclipse theme.

So that we're all on the same page, just what is an eclipse? From Google it's "an obscuring of the light from one celestial body by the passage of another between it and the observer or between it and its source of illumination."


It seems that she'll be singing this song at an eclipse activity this weekend. Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart":


Pink Floyd "Eclipse":


No I don't think it will be the end of the world, but some people have suggested such nonsense. R.E.M. "It's The End of the World As I Know It (And I Feel Fine)":


Violent Femmes "Blister On The Sun":


I got these two songs from "Ultimate Classic Rock":
Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun":


Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine":


From NPR.com:

Van Morrison "Moondance":


From http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/08/18/74786/50-songs-for-an-eclipse-a-kpcc-playlist

Len's "Steal My Sunshine":


"Bring On the Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites