Tuesday, January 9, 2018

(Finished February 4th, 2018) The Best Songs and CDs of 1987, Part 1: Country Classics & "In My Tribe"

Hello,

This blog was inspired by the Summer issue of Classic Rock magazine. Thirty years ago some of the greatest CDs were ever released. There was also some great songs that were released that weren't necessarily part of a great album. I looked through lists of some of the greatest country, rock and pop of 1987.

I've been thinking about this blog the last day or so and have spent some time thinking about it. And I'm a bit excited about it. This blog series will probably be a few blogs over the next few weeks, but I still intend on counting down the greatest 80's era musicians. I still have to finish the Dio blog and then it will be time to do the Blondie countdown blogs as I get closer and closer to #1.

The songs of 1987 have been covered hundreds of time, this I know. When I'm writing about these songs and CDs I intend on focusing on the more obscure songs. But of course there are some classics that I love so much that I'll be adding a few of those as well. I'll be going in a alphabetical order. As I said I looked through the greatest country CDs of 1987 and honestly I wasn't that impressed with any of them, but there were some great country songs from 1987. Here are a few...

Reba McEntire is a great singer and someone that knows how to pick a great song. My only complaint about Reba is she picks some very depressing songs. Even her happier songs aren't all that happy, such as these next two songs. "One Promise Too Late":


Reba McEntire "Last One To Know":


Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard "Pancho and Lefty":


Alabama "Tar Top":


Dwight Yoakam "Little Sister":


Randy Travis "Forever and Ever, Amen":


Ricky Van Shelton "Somebody Lied":


Restless Heart "Why Does It Have To Be Wrong Or Right":


"Fishin' In The Dark":


"Baby's Got A Hold On Me":



The band led by Natalie Merchant and her highly enchanting voice, what an amazing singer. From 10,000 Maniacs "In My Tribe":

"What's The Matter Here":



"Like The Weather":



"Don't Talk":



"City of Angels":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites