Tuesday, March 13, 2018

(Finished March 15th, 2018) August & September 1991: Two of The Best Months of Rock Music Ever? Part 1

Hello,

Obscure musical trivia note of the night. The following CDs were released in August and September of 1991. Metallica "Black" (their best CD), Pearl Jam's "Ten" (their second best CD), Rush's "Roll The Bones", G N' R's "Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 (not as good as "Appetite", but still has a lot of great songs) Ozzy's "No More Tears", Soundgarden's "Badmotorfinger", RHCP "BSSM", Nirvana's "Nevermind" and just to shake things up a bit The Thompson Twins "Queer".

The text above is different as I posted it first in a group I'm in on Facebook and then just copy and pasted directly to my blog.

While reading the third issue of Planet Rock magazine and in the bottom of the first paragraph this nugget appears about how great the new releases were in that two month period of August-September 1991. When I read that I knew I had discovered tonight's blog. I went to Wikipedia and discovered some other great CDs that were included in that same time frame and I've included those as well. Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks, Vanessa Williams and Simply Red also released CDs in that two month period- but this blog is focusing on the great rock music of that time.

In no particular order, but let's start off with the CD that made me become a Metallica fan. The so-called Black Album (because of it's cover with a picture of a snake you can sort of see.) This CD is so good that I would have been fine featuring every song from it. It was released August 12th, 1991. 

"Enter Sandman":


"Sad But True":



"The Unforgiven":


"Through The Never":


"My Friend of Misery":


"The Struggle Within":


The Spin Doctors "Pocket Full of Kyptonite" was released August 20,1991. No one is ever going to say this is a classic CD, but it has two unforgettable ear worms.

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong":


"Two Princes":



"Off My Line":



Released one CD was Pearl Jam's "Ten"- the debut CD what became my second favorite band. Also a band I'm going to go see in their sorta home city in August. 

"Even Flow":



"Black":



"Porch":



"Jeremy":



"Once":



 Released on September 3rd, 1991 was Rush's "Roll The Bones". The "Roll The Bones" song featured Geddy Lee's rap debut and surprisingly I still love that song.

"Roll The Bones":



"You Bet Your Life":



"Face Up":



"Neurotica":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites