Monday, July 2, 2018

(Started July 2nd, 2018) Preview of Foreigner/Whitesnake and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening

Hello,

Last night I decided to go see the upcoming Foreigner, Whitesnake and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin tribute. I'm excited by all three bands, but the one that I'm most excited about is Whitesnake, perhaps the most famous Led Zeppelin tribute band. I don't mean that in the worst way. Because who doesn't love a great rock song?

On my Top 106 greatest 80's artists Foreigner is #71 and Whitesnake is #88. I've seen both bands back in the day. I saw Foreigner in about 1986 and they still had Lou Gramm singing for them and honestly I was expecting a bit more. Also I saw Whitesnake in or around the early 90s, Steve Vai was still playing for them. Honestly that was disappointing too, even more disappointing than Foreigner. I do love Whitesnake's 2012 live CD "Live: In The Shadow of the Blues". David Coverdale's voice sounded great on that CD.

I've recently done blogs for Foreigner and Jason Bonham's Zep project, so I'll only be focusing on Whitesnake for this blog. This blog will feature Whitesnake classics with songs from 2011's "Forevermore".

This song goes to a 11 when it's played live. "Love Will Set You Free":


"Easier Said Than Done":


"Fool For Your Loving":


"Tell Me How":


"Love and Treat Me Right":



This is just from 3 weeks ago, let's see how Coverdale sounds. "Slide It In":



"Dogs In The Street":



"Fare Thee Well":



"Forevermore":



"Give Me All Your Love":



"Love Ain't No Stranger":



"Slow An' Easy":



"Crying In The Rain":



"Ain't No Love In The Heart of the City":



"Is This Love":
"Here I Go Again":
"Still of the Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites