Monday, March 26, 2018

(Finished March 26th, 2018) Oddities of the First Day(s) of MTV. Part 2

Howdy,

Unfortunately as I'm just a lone blogger in the wilderness and don't have a fact checker, I can't guarantee the following is 100% accurate. I did the best I could. Many of these songs I hadn't heard before tonight, I can't guarantee their quality.

Songs played 4 times:
Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks "Stop Draggin My Heart Around":


The Pretenders "Message of Love":


Iron Maiden's "Wraithchild":


Remember the great band The Shoes, here's a reminder of all their great songs. Okay, okay this is another band I had never heard of until today. They had four songs played that first day and all were different songs. 

"Too Late":


"Tomorrow Night":


Okay two songs of this weak allegedly power pop is enough. I saw one commenter say that I can't believe this band wasn't as big as The Cars. What? The main difference is The Cars had several great songs. The Shoes songs, not so great. "Cruel You" and "In My Arms" were the other two songs played that day.

Extremely obscure songs played the first day:
The Who's "Don't Let Go The Coat":


Robin Lane and the Chartbusters "I Don't Want To Know":


I actually like this song. "When Things Go Wrong":


Michael Johnson "Bluer Than Blue":


Rupert Hine "Surface Tension":


I love this song title, so this has got to be a great song? Right? If Tom Johnston's name sounds familiar, he was one of the founders of The Doobie Brothers. "Savannah Nights":


The Selector "Celebrate The Bullet":



"Take me to the beach with a thousand pretty girls in reach". Blotto "I Wanna Be A Lifeguard":



Fischer Z "So Long":



With Split Enz having 7 videos played for 5 different songs I should probably include at least one of their songs? Sure. "I Got You":


A great song, but it doesn't fit MTV at all. Juice Newton's amazing "Angel of the Morning":



Let's close with a Lee Ritenour twofer, the 20th song played was "Mr. Briefcase":



 "Is It You" was played 44th, 108th, and 148th. I never heard of the first song, but I do love "Is It You":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites