Sunday, February 11, 2024

(Finished February 11th, 2024) Part 7 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

The last blog I did in this series was several months ago, it's time to do another one. I still need to read that book mentioned below.

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw a couple of years ago at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I needed to hear that song again, then I took it further and decided to build a series of blogs around it. I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close.

103) Marshall Tucker Band "I Heard It In A Love Song":

104) Dave Mason "We Just Disagree":

105) Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. "You Don't Have To Be A Star":

106) Ronnie McDowell "The King Is Gone":

It seems Meco saw the original "Star Wars" several times over its opening weekend. He was so inspired by it that he made a disco version of the theme. He took two of the most popular things of 1977 and joined them together for a pretty cool song. 107) Meco "Star Wars Theme":

108) The Steve Miller Band "Fly Like An Eagle":

109) Ronnie Milsap "It Was Almost Like A Song":

110) Ronnie Milsap "What A Difference You Made In My Life":

111) Walter Murphy "A Fifth of Beethoven":

112) Kenny Nolan "I Like Dreaming":

113) Alan O'Day "Undercover Angel":

114) Ronnie McDowell "I Love You, I Love You, I Love You":

115) Pablo Cruise "Whatcha Gonna Do":

116) Dolly Parton "Here You Come Again":

117) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "American Girl":

Originally released in 1976, this song was re-released in 1977. 118) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Breakdown":

Although 1977 was a great year for music, sadly the world lost one of it's most popular singers. He was known by many names, but most people usually only use one name for him. They either call him Elvis or (The) King. His death was so momentous that even a dumb 10 year old kid like myself heard and paid attention to his way too early death.  119) Elvis Presley "Pledging My Love":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites