Friday, February 2, 2024

(Finished February 2nd, 2024) Part 1 of The Best Songs of 1964

Hello,

Now that we have survived to 2024, I want to go back 60 years and review the best songs for every 10 years up to today. I started with 1954, I only have one blog for that year as I know so few songs. I took a brief look at 1944 and I only knew a few songs. To me the best thing that happened in 1944 was D-Day.

Each decade moving forward I know more songs from that decade. I know a lot more songs from 1964 than 1954 for instance. It will probably peak with 1984, one of the greatest years of music ever.

The biggest musical stars of 1964 were the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys and The Dave Clark Five.

1) The Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun":


2) Terry Stafford "Suspicion":


3) The Beatles "All My Loving":


4) Barbra Streisand and Louis Armstrong "Hello Dolly":


5) Mary Wells "My Guy":


6) Al Hirt "Java":


7) The Drifters "Under The Boardwalk":


8) Jan and Dean "Dead Man's Curve":


9) Dionne Warwick "Walk On By":


Absolutely 100% one of the best songs of the time. The whole song is amazing and Eric Burdon's delivery is so good. 10) The Animals "House of the Rising Sun":


11) Chad and Jeremy "A Summer Song":


12) Rip Chords "Hey Little Cobra":


What a fun song. 13) Roger Miller "Chug-A-Lug":


14) The Shangri-las "Leader of The Pack":


15) The Temptations "The Way You Do The Things You Do":


16) "The Trashmen Surfin' Bird":


17) The Searchers "Love Potion #9":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites