Monday, February 12, 2024

(Finished February 12th, 2024) Part 30 of themusicaddict's Actual Greatest Songs Of All-Time

Hello,

Another Greatest Songs of All-Time issued from on high by Rolling Stone magazine. I love that magazine and have been a subscriber since the early 80s. I accept that people have different tastes in music and that's the way it should be, but. Just as fervently as I agree with some of their choices I also disagree with some of their choices. Currently I'm working on my Actual Greatest Songs of All-Time and honorable mentions. There are just some songs that I can't not include in the Greatest Songs of All-Time. I started with 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time. That has inched up to several hundred songs and will continue to rise. For this blog I'm going to focus on the actual Greatest Songs Of All Time.

These lists are very fluid. Most of these songs could have also been in my All-Time Top 100 if only I had thought of them earlier. There are probably at least 700 songs that will always be in my GSOAT. 

There are the greatest songs of all-time- as determined by themusicaddict. This is locked in stone and will not change, of course I'm lying. These blogs will be constantly changing as I remember songs, discover new songs, discover old songs, fall out of love with songs, fall in love with songs etc. And the number by the song is no way my personal ranking for that song, it's just a way to help me keep this organized.

154) Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know":


155) Mary Chapin Carpenter  with some special guests "He Thinks He'll Keep Her":


156) The Animals "House of The Rising Sun":


157) The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again":


158) Incubus "Nice To Know You":


159) Jackyl "I Stand Alone":


160) Green Day "Boulevard of Broken Dreams":


161) Third Eye Blind "Semi-Charmed Life":


162) Leann Rimes "How Do I Live":


163) Lionel Richie "Say You Say Me":


164) Santana featuring Rob Thomas "Smooth":


165) Frank Sinatra "New York, New York":


166) Duran Duran "Pressure Off":


167) Madonna "Vogue":


168) Donna Summer "MacArthur Park":


169) Dionne Warwick "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again":


170) Stevie Wonder "Superstition":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites