Sunday, March 10, 2024

(Finished March 10th, 2024) Part 8 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

This blog series started several months ago, it's time to do another one. I still need to read that book mentioned below.

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw a couple of years ago at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I needed to hear that song again, then I took it further and decided to build a series of blogs around it. I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close.

120) Elvis Presley "Way Down":

121) Charley Pride "I'll Be Leaving Alone":

122) Charley Pride "More To Me":

123) Jerry Reed "Eastbound and Down":

Originally released in 1973, but it was released as a live track in 1977. That's why It's here. 124) REO Speedwagon "Ridin' The Storm Out":

125) Kenny Rogers  "Daytime Friends":

126) Kenny Rogers "Lucille":


127) Linda Ronstadt "Blue Bayou":

128) Rose Royce "Car Wash":

129) Diana Ross "Getting Ready For Love":

130) Leo Sayer "When I Need You":

131) Boz Scaggs "Hard Times":

132) Don Williams "I'm Just A Country Boy":

133) Boz Scaggs "Lido Shuffle":


134) Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band "Main Street":

135) Dave Shire "Night On Disco Mountain":

136) Carly Simon "Nobody Does It Better":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites