Sunday, January 14, 2018

(Finished January 15th, 2018) The Great Sloppy Garage Rock of The Remains

Hello,

I was in my favorite local record store, Graywhale, the other day and I heard this great band. They're name is The Remains, aka Barry and the Remains. They're a band that had their heyday in the mid 60s. However just a couple of days ago their Live 1969 set was reissued and that was the CD playing at Graywhale when I was there. This CD is a couple of originals, but mostly covers of some great songs. The Remains take these songs and make them their own. Obviously they're quite old now, but they still rock.

Now I'm not saying this is the greatest band ever or even one of the best bands of the 60s. But I keep on hearing throwback music being played, maybe it finally is the right time for The Remains.

This is the remains of The Remains.

An intro to The Remains:


"Why Do I Lie":


"Don't Look Back":


"Diddy Wah Diddy":


The Kinks "All Day and All Of The Night":


"Route 66":



"Like A Rolling Stone":


The Muddy Waters classic covered: "She's Nineteen Years Old":



This is a much sloppier version of the original: The McCoys is the band that first released this song. "Hang On Sloopy":



"Ain't That Her":



"Say You're Sorry":



"Mercy Mercy":



A cover of the Little Walter classic "My Babe":



"I'm Talking About You":



"When I Want To Know":



"All Good Things":



"Johnny B. Goode":



"I Believe In You":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites