Saturday, August 19, 2017

(Finished August 19th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Bands #31 The Violent Femmes: Their Best 80's Era Songs Preview

Hello,

I'm trying to get a bunch of blogs started and then I'll go back and finish them in the next few days. This blog will eventually turn into Part 1 of the Greatest 80's Era Bands for my # 31 band Violent Femmes. I haven't even started listening to the five CDs that I'll be considering for their countdown blogs. This is yet another band that their first CD is their best CD. "Violent Femmes", with the little girl looking through the window, is one of the first great so-called "new wave" CDs. Although the Femmes had several great songs, I don't think they ever received the credit they've deserved. For now this blog will serve as a Violent Femmes sampler blog. As I usually do I'll highlight the lesser known songs before getting to the big songs. Enjoy.

"Add It Up":


"Gone Daddy Gone":


"Black Girls":


"I Held Her In My Arms":


"World We're Living In":


"American Music":


"Out The Window":


"36-24-36":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites