Monday, October 21, 2019

(Finished June 27th, 2020) Covers of Classic 70s Songs, Part 1

Hello,

I started working on the blog "What the L?: The Best 70's Songs That Start With The Letter L, Part 1". As I was working on it I realized how many of these songs were covered several years later and a lot of times those covers were as good, if not better, than the original. I've picked 31 of those songs and here I will post their covers. The band that sang in the 70s, who sang the cover and the title of the song. I can't guarantee all of these cover versions are good, some of them I'm hearing them for the first time.

1) Peter, Paul and Mary, Chantal Kreviazuk "Leaving On A Jet Plane":


2) Captain and Tennille, Lazlo Bone "Love Will Keep Us Together":



3) The Beatles, Billy Ocean "Long and Winding Road":



4) The Kinks "Lola" was covered by "Weird Al" Yankovic "Yoda":



5) Chic, The Millionaires "Le Freak":



6) Al Green, Tina Turner "Let's Stay Together":



Reel Big Fish stripped this song of all those things that made it good.
7) The Eagles, Reel Big Fish "The Long Run":



8) Kool and the Gang, Atomic Kitten "Ladies Night":



9) Derek and the Dominoes, Eric Clapton "Layla":



I think I might like Aretha's version better. 10a) The Beatles, Aretha "Let It Be":


10b) Ferry Aid "Let It Be":


11) "Lean On Me", Bill Withers, Club Nouveau:



12) "Lady Marmalade": Labelle and Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink:



13) "Listen To The Music" The Doobie Brothers, The Isley Brothers:



14) "L.A. Woman", The Doors, Billy Idol:



15) "Love Is The Drug", Roxy Music, Grace Jones:



16a) "Life In The Fast Lane", The Eagles
16b) Jill Johnson:



This terrible version is the only version I could find of this song.
16c) Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood:



16d) Metal Allegiance



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites