Monday, December 21, 2009

Brittanny Murphy R.I.P., "The Holiday"

Hello,

R.I.P Brittany Murphy, for me this is the most memorable of all her work. This is from hers and Michael Douglas' movie, "Don't Say A Word". It wasn't a very good movie, but I'm still haunted by the scene at the end of this trailer.



Last night my lovely wife and I watched "The Holiday". As you probably knows it stars the amazing Kate Winslett with Jude Law, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black. Black is a romantic lead, that's the most unbelievable piece of casting ever. It's an okay movie. I just found Jack Black and the no chemistry relationship between Law and Diaz to be off putting.

Now on to the book I can't put down Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" featuring the amazing Lisbeth Salander. She's globe trotting at the start of this book and I'm not sure why. Obviously she's trying to get away from something. This book is just so hard to put down.

Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law I received a good portion of money for Christmas. We are so poor so I used some of it for bills. However I bought 9 Cd's and 1 book so far. The book I bought is "The Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson, a very intriguing looking book. A review will be forthcoming once I have a chance to read it.

I bought a whole bunch of digital music, but have lost a lot of it as I've been switching between computers.. It Unless it's a good deal I buy the physical copy now of every CD. Here's the list of the 10 CDs I bought so far:

1) "Solid Gold" The best of the Beastie Boys. This is the only MP3 CD of the 10 CDs that I bought. This was on a limited one day offer for only $2.99. amazon.com also had sent me a promotional $1 gift credit. I bought the CD for only $1.99. However amazon.com hadn't updated their pricing yet so they charged my credit card $4. I emailed them and they took care of me. They gave me a credit of $5 for that, although they only charged me $4. They also sent along a $1.99 credit, they paid me to buy a CD!

2) The official Pearl Jam bootleg from their recent show in Salt Lake City, Utah. It probably includes the marriage proposal that happened that night.

3) "Backspacer"- Pearl Jam
4) "Play On"- Carrie Underwood
5) "The Element of Freedom"- Alicia Keys
6) "The Fame Monster"- Lady Gaga
7,8,9,10) Rihanna's four CDs 1) "Music of The Sun", "A Girl Like Me", Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Rated R" amazon.com sent me out an e-mail bout how I could get her first 3 CD's for $23.99. How could I pass up a deal like that? I couldn't.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites