Tuesday, December 15, 2009

RS Top 10 CDs of the decade, Fire Wade Phillips Now!

Hello,

Here's Rolling Stone's Top 5 CDs of the decade. Apparently this is not a joke. This was voted on by several musicians and writers et al. So much for that wisdom of crowds theory.

1) "Kid A"- Radiohead I don't write a lot about Radiohead, but I'll be writing about them as I include them on my most overrated artists ever list. #1 CD of the decade. Please! I had the good sense never to buy this CD, I bought one of their CDs and learned my lesson.

2) "Is This It"- The Strokes To answer their musical question, yes Strokes that was it. This was a serviceable CD but they faded into anonymity after this CD. How cool did you think the Shia LaBeouf character in "Transformers" was when you saw him in a Strokes T-shirt? (I think that was the point.) I owned this CD for a while before turning it in to get a better CD. I'd consider buying this CD again.

3) "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"- Wilco This CD got so much press when it was initially released. I remember one magazine calling it the CD of the year for 2001, even though it was only about the middle of that year. I bought this CD and was so very disappointed by it. I can't even remember one song off this CD, that's how forgettable it is.

4) "The Blueprint"- Jay Z The blueprint for what, boredom? Strangely enough Jay-Z is'nt one of the "experts" who voted on this list. As rap is the most overrated genre of music ever, I did not waste any money on this CD.

5) "Elephant"- The White Stripes Any CD with "Seven Nation Army" has a lot going for it. That's just a fantastic song. I would place this CD and the #6 CD above the first 4 CDs on this list. In fact if themusicaddict had the time to make my Top 50 CDs of the decade, none of the Top 4 would be on my list.

Part 2 coming tomorrow.

Other quick news 'n' notes, hurry to amazon.com and get a free song by Orrin Hatch. If you don't know who Orrin Hatch is, he's a senator for Utah. He says he writes music in hearings and meetings.

Also MTV's "Disaster Date" rules. I watched all 7 episodes on Comcast's On Demand last night. Comcast please add more episodes of this show.

L.A. Dodgers would you please get going in free agency? Trading Jaun Pierre to the the White Sox for two minor leagues is not being active in the offseason. Although I'm glad you got rid of the hitting lightweight. He also is the professional athlete who never learned how to wear a hat right.

Also DeMarcus Ware, please sit out this week. There''s no reason to risk your injury getting worse in a game that the Cowboys are not going to win anyway.

Utah Jazz, what the hell is going on?

Have a swell day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites