Thursday, December 3, 2009

Allison Iraheta

Hello,

Allison Iraheta's debut CD "Just Like You" dropped (as all the kids say) this past Tuesday. Thanks to my subscription to Rhapsody, I'm listening to that CD right now. It's pretty good, it's a cross between rock and pop. Iraheta's voice sounds fantastic, I love her whiskey soaked sounding voice. She should really work with Bonnie Raitt. I give "Just Like You" a solid B+ grade.

The following is my first (and probably last) published poem:

Allison Iraheta is a world beata
Who no one can defeta
She also is very sweeta
And some one we very much needa
Keep on rockin' Allison Iraheta!

Of all the CD's from last season's "AI" contestants, this is by far the best. I say that although I haven't listened to Lamebert's CD or Kris Allen's snooze fest. Lady Gaga is a "Fame Monster", Lamebert is the hype monster.

Hidden gem of the day: Rihanna's cover of Madonna's "Vogue" at the Fashion Rocks 2008 show. I love Rihanna! Surprise stat of the day. Out of all the CDs that have been released this year, guess who has sold most in the first week? Give up? It's "Britan's Got Talent's own Susan Boyle. Her debut CD, "I Dreamed A Dream", sold over 700.000 copies. (Over 700,000 copies!) I don't know about you but I'm so over Susan Boyle.

Reading: I continue to battle through John Irving's "Cider House Rules". As I was hoping it's getting better as I continue reading it. It's a struggle for me to read just one book at a time, there are so many great books out there.

Dallas Cowboys head coach, Wade Phillips, is wanting respect. He's wondering why a coach who has won 30 games in less than three seasons is worried about his job security. That's because you had a team that won 13 games and then could not even win their first playoff game. Last season the Cowboys were mediocre and they are again this season. Although their record does not reflect it yet. They are feeding on a league with too many bottom dwellers. Dallas has wins over such inferior teams as Washington, Kansas City and Tampa Bay. Phillips is 13-16 in December as a head coach. Do you have any other questions Wade? If it was up to me, irregardless of what happens this season, Phillips would be gone. There are many reasons Phillips has never won a game as a head coach.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites