Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Not Your Dad's Greatest Hits of Motley Crue Blog, the Crue's Truly Great Songs

Hello,

One of my favorite eras of music was the so-called hair metal era. That was when bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Cinderella, Poison, Ratt and others ruled from about the mid-80s to the early-90s. A lot of this music was very predictable and sounded the same after awhile. And the Crue had their own songs like that. That includes the brain dead "Slice of Your Pie". Also I'm not a big fan of their new song "All Bad Things Must End".

However the Crue also had some very melodic songs that sound as great today as when they ruled the music landscape. Motley Crue pretty much wrote all of their own songs, mainly Nikki Sixx- who is one of the best songwriters ever. This blog features those great songs that break the hair metal mold. Some are classics and some should be classics.

Starting with "Too Young To Fall In Love": (Such an 80's video.)


This is a great song, but the video is a cliche and misogynistic. But this is a no judgment zone, this is just great songs. There's so many cool songs going on in "Girls Girls Girls", a true rock and roll song:


"Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)": (I love the part of this song when it really kicks into gear at 2:25.)


Just another great melodic rock and roll song, a song that both kicks butt and breaks the mold. Yes, Motley Crue is still kicking ass!! "Kickstart My Heart":


"Home Sweet Home", I have to say this is the second best hair metal ballad, I don't think any song ever topped Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":

I'm on my way, just set me free "Home Sweet Home":


"Primal Scream" and shout, kick that mother out!:


"Saints of Los Angeles":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites