Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More Great Songs

Hello,

Dearest Spotify,

I absolutely love you and thanks for letting me listen to some great music by Glenn* Campbell, The Vines, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Band of Skulls (the early favorite for the 2012 band of the year) and others. However I have one small complaint. Sinead O'Connor released a new CD last week and the Cranberries released a new CD this week, yet neither is available on Spotify yet. With The Black Keys "El Camino" and Band of Skulls "Sweet Sour" also not available, this is becoming a disappointing trend. I'm grateful for all the great music I listen to for free, so please only consider that a small complaint. (* I've seen his name spelled both Glen and Glenn, I'm not sure which one is the official spelling.)

Enjoy the following songs from all genres.

Warning the following song is an ear worm, Once it gets in your head it's hard to get out.



Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Fishing In The Dark":



Linkin Park's "Somewhere I Belong":




I know this is one of the songs that I post the most, but I love the percolating rhythm of this song:



I seriously love this song and I love The Band Perry. When did the singer get to be so gorgeous though? I always thought she was cute, but she's babetastic in this video. She also has a great voice. Their CD (which is available on Spotify) gets a hearty themusicaddict recommendation.



A couple from the under appreciated Glenn Campbell:



R.E.M. covered Glenn Campbell, who knew?



"Galveston":



"Rainbow Tour" from "Evita". This is sung by Madonna, Antonio Banderas and others:



The amazing Sarah Brightman singing another one of the classic songs from "Evita". "Another Suitcase In Another Hall":



Okay one youtube link leads to another and then another. If I'm including Sarah Brightman, I'm going to include her most famous work. That note she holds in this song for so long is so amazing. The music was written for her by her husband at the time, Andrew Lloyd Webber. This song also features the amazing Michael Crawford.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites