Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Amazing Debut CD of Cassadee Pope "Frame By Frame"

Hello,

I used to be a big fan of "American Idol", I loved the few great singers it introduced. But after just a few years the law of diminishing returns kicked in with a vengeance. Way too quickly there was the likes of Danny Gokey and the ridiculously over the top Adam Lambert. Once "Idol" became so stupid I had to stop watching it. Then a whole bunch of other stupid singing competition shows came and I already had enough. I was sort of tired of all the singing competition shows. What once was such a good idea was quickly ruined, sadly "Idol" continues to deteriorate. Let's hope Season 13 is the show's last season.

"American Idol's" last good season was Season 7. I wouldn't say that Season 7 was "Idol's" peak, but that was it's last good year. David Archuleta finishing in second place because of some silly teenage girls voting too much was a sign of things to come. "Idol" started going downhill after that as the judges kept on crowing about each new season having the best singers ever and somehow the awful Randy Jackson kept his job.

I'm grateful for shows like "American Idol" and "The Voice" for bringing us great singers like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Pope.

Because of how bad "American Idol" became I didn't spend much time watching "X Factor", "The Voice" or any of the other shows of that ilk. There have been some good singers that came from those singing competition shows that I've missed. I was able to later catch up with a couple of the better ones. I quite liked . But I didn't know anything about the lovely Cassadee Pope when I first heard her name. I was first exposed to her when I saw her show "Frame By Frame" on the Comcast On Demand listings. Before I started watching her show I first wanted to check out her music. Thanks to my friends at Spotify I was able to listen to her "The Voice" highlights, her EP and her debut CD "Frame by Frame". I was impressed by many of her songs and I'm a sucker for amazing female voices.

I wish I could have seen Pope on "The Voice", but I'm glad that I didn't watch the whole show. Youtube and the highlight CDs are both good ways to still experience great music we might have missed. I love Pope's version of "Torn", I think she nails that song perfectly. With all due respect to Natalie Imbruglia, I think Pope's version is better than the original:



I also love her version of this song and I love the sound of her voice on "Not Over You":



I love Pope's voice, she reminds me of a cross between Taylor Swift and Hillary Scott. She's also very attractive in that better looking than one would think girl next door look. I like her personality she shows in "Frame By Frame", the CD and the show.

In the "Frame By Frame" TV show we follow Pope along on her radio tour. She's going through the process of trying to get radio stations to play her new CD and also the laborious process behind picking the very crucial first single. The show doesn't show over how many weeks that first single is "Wasting All These Years".

"Frame By Frame" is a great CD, 11 great songs. I don't know it will ever become one of my greatest CDs of all-time, but that wouldn't surprise. Honestly that's a bit of a shock as I rarely listen to radio, let alone country radio. Anyway here's a selection of some of my favorite songs from her debut CD. Enjoy.

Here's that lead single "Wasting All These Tears" (live):



The heartbreaking song based on her life "11":



"Good Times":



This song sounds so much like a Lady Antebellum song, in fact every time I hear it that's who I'm thinking is singing it. "One Song Away":



"Proved You Wrong":




"You Hear A Song":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites