Thursday, November 14, 2013

themusicaddict's Greatest CDs Of All-Time: "Pretty In Pink" Soundtrack

Hello,

This is another one in my series of themusicaddict's greatest CDs ever. For this blog I'm writing about the amazing "Pretty In Pink" Soundtrack. I suggest that "Purple Rain" is the greatest soundtrack ever, however Prince doesn't allow his music on Youtube. Without the songs how can I properly chronicle such a great CD?

I'm pretty sure I've blogged about the amazing "Pretty In Pink" soundtrack previously. If I have, I apologize but I'm doing it again! Without a doubt it's one of the greatest soundtracks of all-time. The 10 songs perfectly capture the music of the 80s and it's also a very good sampler of so-called new wave music. There isn't one weak song on this soundtrack.

Obviously these songs are the soundtrack to one of the great 80's movies, "Pretty In Pink". Like the music a movie that perfectly captured it's time and always brings back great memories when I think of either. Long live the memory, movies and influence of John Hughes.

"Pretty In Pink" brought us the great Andrew McCarthy, James Spader and of course the amazing and gorgeous Molly Ringwald. If "Pretty In Pink" had nothing else at the least it would have introduced us to Ringwald. The story and the acting are also great and the music is sublime.

While I was listening to this soundtrack on iTunes, for some reason I fell into a nostalgic rabbit hole. This CD and these songs took me back to my favorite decade ever, the 80s. Back when I drove a green truck, had no real direction in life and girls didn't like me then either!

1. If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark:



2. Left of Center - Suzanne Vega w/ Joe Jackson:



3. Get To Know Ya - Jesse Johnson:



4. Do Wot You Do - INXS:



5. Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs (Oh how do I love this version of this song!):



6. Shell-Shock - New Order (a slightly different version than what appears on the soundtrack):



I didn't like the abrupt ending of the above video for "Shell Shock", here's the soundtrack version:



7. Round, Round - Belouis Some:



8. Wouldn't It Be Good - Danny Hutton Hitters:



9. Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo & The Bunnymen (This is another amazing song.):



10. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths:



11. This is a bonus song for this blog, it's from another soundtrack to a John Hughes movie "Sixteen Candles". This is one of the prettiest songs of the 80s, the Thompson Twins "If You Were Here":



themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites