Saturday, March 21, 2015

themusicaddict's Fantastic Fourteen Discovered, Re-Discovered Or Just Amazing Songs!

Hello,

Recently I discovered that Metallica has made select concerts of theirs free- thanks rollingstone.com! I immediately went there and downloaded their February 27th, 1992 concert from LA. A lot of great live music and completely free. My only complaint is the excessive use of the f-bomb by James Hetfield. The overuse of the f-bomb is the sign of low intelligence or pandering to an audience of low intelligence people. I expect better from Hetfield and all Metallica fans- which I consider myself to be. Due to that and listening to their 1991 self-titled CD for my drive music I've really been enjoying their music of late!

Thus the first of the Fantastic Fourteen is "Sad But True": (Live at Wembley)


Keeping with the rock theme, Disturbed "Stupify":


Hole's "Celebrity Skin":


The Smiths' "Girlfriend In A Coma":


Bonus track: Morrissey's butt kicking take on "First of the Gang To Die":


Because this song has some of my favorite lyrics of all-time, I'm posting the lyric video of Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville": If and when I get my Greatest Songs Of All-Time blog done, this song will be high on the list:


 Jana Kramer's "King of Apology":


Dead or Alive's "Brand New Lover" ("I want surprises"):


The Kinks' "Come Dancing": (This song makes me feel nostalgic for the amazing 80s, this song is also a very nostalgic song for the singer. Just a great song!)


Cyndi Lauper's "Change of Heart":


Lifehouse's "All In":


I'm loving this band so much now. The Script "If You Could See Me Now":



This band would be completely forgettable if they hadn't recorded this 3 minutes plus of rock bliss. Everclear's "Santa Monica":



For those of you who think The Mighty Mighty Bosstones only great song was "The Impression I Get", here's "Someday I Suppose":



U2's "Red Hill Mining Town":


Upcoming blogs, still reading through "I Am Pilgrim"- through 72% a great book. Also as I mentioned above I'm really loving The Script now, especially their last two CDs. I'll be doing a Script Greatest Songs blog soon.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites