Friday, July 13, 2018

(Started July 13th, 2018) A Review of Pink's March 9th, 2018 Show In Salt Lake City

Hello,

Sorry it took so long to write this review. I wasn't too stressed about it as I knew no one in painful anticipation to read it. I have an upcoming concert review for Night Ranger. Coming later this year concert reviews for Boz Scaggs, Foreigner/ Whitesnake/ Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience and in November it looks like I'll be going to see twenty one pilots. With this concert review I'll be posting some of my favorite songs, but I will try not to overdo it.

Sadly this song hasn't aged well. 1) "Let's Get The Party Started":
2) "Beautiful Trauma":



One of my few complaints of the night, this song had way too much bass. 3) "Just Like A Pill":
4)"Who Knew":
 Eminem, as a ballon, makes an appearance to perform the rap. At the end of which Pink kicks him in the face. It seems she doesn't take revenge lightly. This is a better video. 5) "Revenge":


6) "Funhouse/Just A Girl":



Pink and her great band's version kicked butt. One of the highlights of the night. 7) "Smells Like Teen Spirit":



8) "Secrets":
An example of her aerial tricks comes at about the 3:05 mark. 9) "Try/ Just Like A Pill/ So What/ Beautiful Trauma":


10) "Just Give Me One Reason" (Nate Reuss singing on a TV):
11) "I'm Not Dead":



12) "Just Like Fire":



13) "What About Us":


14) "For Now":
15) "Barbies":
16) "I Am Here":
17)"Perfect":
18) "Raise Your Glass":
19 "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)":


Encore

20) "So What":
21) "Glitter In The Air":

Above is the setlist. The night featured several aerial displays of Pink and her dancers going into the crowd highlighted by Pink getting relatively close to everyone in the stadium. That made a large basketball arena feel a bit more intimate. That was a nice touch as we were so far away that it didn't feel like we were apart of the concert. Maybe more bands should look into playing in the round? Also I would have been fine without the dancers. I'd rather paid less and not have the dancers be part of the concert. A lot of the time I forgot that the dancers were even there. And as you can tell by the songs I highlight with videos, I preferred the songs of the first half. 

The best songs of the night: "Beautiful Trauma", "Just Like Fire", "So What", "Just Give Me One Reason", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Funhouse" and "I'm Not Dead".

It was a very solid setlist, but this is the one song I wished she would have played. "Don't Let Me Get Me":


Overall it was a very good concert. But again the size of the arena lacked a lot of the intimacy of a smaller theatre. After seeing Night Ranger in a small amphitheatre where they were literally only a few feet away, intimacy makes a big difference. 

If you get the chance to see Pink, and can afford it, go do it. She's a great performer and singer. Sure there was some extraneous fluff, but that wasn't enough to worry about. 

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites