Saturday, July 21, 2018

(Finished August 13th, 2020) themusicaddict's Top 16 Greatest 80's Soundtracks #12 "The Last American Virgin":

Hello,

Honestly this soundtrack was barely even on my radar when I started thinking about the greatest 80s soundtracks. I had to do some deep research to discover this soundtrack. I have no opinion about the actual movie as I've never seen it. This soundtrack is in my Top 12ish 80s soundtracks, it has so many great songs on it.  But the whole is not better than the sum of the parts, there is no cohesion amongst the songs. I don't love all the songs, but I posted them all the same.

From the same band that introduced you to Jenny and her famous phone number 867-5309 comes this gem. I had no clue that they even had another song that got some notice.
Tommy Tutone 1) "Teen Angel Eyes":


2) The Police "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da":


3) Devo "Whip It":


4) Phil Seymour "When I Find You":


5) Oingo Boingo "Better Luck Next Time":



6) Gleaming Spires "Are You Ready For The Sex Girls?":


7) The Cars "Since You're Gone":


8) The Waitresses "I Know What Boys Like":


9) The Fortune Band "Airwaves":


10) U2 "I Will Follow":


Other great songs in the movie, but not on the soundtrack. These songs will not be considered for the best 80s soundtrack.

Quincy Jones featuring James Ingram "Just Once":


The Human League "I Believe In Love (Love Action)":


The Cars "Shake It Up":


Blondie "In The Flesh":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites