Sunday, July 29, 2018

(Finished July 29th, 2018) What Will An Old Dude Think of Camila Cabello's "Camila"?

Hello,

I try to stay semi current on new music, but the great songs of yesteryear are my passion. When new CDs are released, the ones that usually excite me are from established bands. I was excited when I found out both Halestorm and Boz Scaggs, who I'm going to go see in concert soon, had new CDs out. I'm looking forward to the new twenty one pilots CD, I really like their last CD "Blurryface". I'm really glad I gave the music of Lady Gaga, and many others, a chance. Being just a little bit open to new music I've discovered a lot of great music. I have several Lady Gaga songs on my iPod.

I think I listened to this CD and don't remember being very impressed. But not everything takes on the first try. As I right this blog I will be giving it one more chance. I gave this CD one more chance and I still have about the same opinion. The best songs are "Never Be The Same", the sultry rhythms of "Havana", the nice ballads "Consequences" and "Something's Gotta Give" and the funky "Inside Out". But the rest of the songs are meh or forgettable, this CD isn't a must add to your collection.

In the #metoo era I wish the sexuality would be toned down for all musicians.

Again it's not a CD for everyone, it's mainly for young people. Most people my age wouldn't be interested in it. If you're looking for a great CD in a similar genre I highly recommend En Vogue's "Electric Cafe". While not a perfect CD, or as good as "Funky Divas", it still has a lot of great songs. Both great upbeat songs and great ballads. Cabello has a nice and sexy voice and seems to have some potential. However she needs to raise her game to get to the next level.

I do like this song. 1) "Never Be The Same":


Meh. 2) "All These Years":



3) "She Loves Control":



I like this song until the unnecessary Young Thug appearance. 4) "Havana" (featuring Young Thug)":



I like how this song brings the funk. 5) "Inside Out":



6) "Consequences":



7) "Real Friends":



This is a nice ballad, one of the better songs on the CD. 8) "Something's Gotta Give":


Meh. 9) "In The Dark":


Another very average song. 10) "Into It":



11) "Never Be The Same" (radio edit):


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites