Friday, August 15, 2008

Bigfoot lives!

Hello,

Okay I don't really believe Bigfoot lives. Two people who have been hunting for the mythical, elusive Bigfoot claimed they've found a Bigfoot corpse in Georgia. They even have a picture of it and it looks pretty realistic. However it is not hard to manipulate a picture now days. Also my favorite thing about this story is the finders claim they have Bigfoot's DNA and that will prove he is Bigfoot. What are they going to compare that to to show that it is actually Bigfoot? I beleive this story as much as I believe Dick Cheney or Karl Rove have a soul. It's fun to talk and read about though. The two Bigfoot "finders" have a press conference in Palo Alto, California today. That's in the heart of Silicon Valley. I think the more likely news from this press conference is some new cool related computer program. Yes, I think this whole thing is a stunt.

Okay moving onto reality. Speaking of mythical and elusive creatures, supposedly a leak of the new Guns N' Roses track "Shackler's Revenge" was on the internet yesterday. I don't really believe there are leaks, these are just ways the record company uses to increase interest. Another word for it is advertising. (Hey maybe they can announce they have the Loch Ness Monster secure in a secret, extremely big swimming pool.) Okay now really moving on to reality. I apologize I started off my blog with three mythical creatures: Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster and Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy".

Right now I am using my beloved Rhapsody account listening to the N.E.R.D. CD, "Seeing Sounds". I am not really a big hip-hop/ rap fan, indeed isn't rap music an oxymoron? However I do like N.E.R.D. As with their first two CD's this is a pretty solid CD. N.E.R.D. is an acronym for no one ever really dies. They are lead by Pharrel Williams, known more for his producing work with the Neptunes and by himself. My only complaint is the extreme vulgarity of some of their lyrics. Thankfully Rhapsody has the edited versions.

Also as you have noticed I have two widgets on my blog, both from rollingstone.com. One has updated music news and also a widget for my favorite rock band Led Zeppelin. Check them both out if you are interested. With me working near 40 hours a week, I am not going to be able to post everyday.

Some quick notes: Lenny Kravitz has denied the rumor that he is joining Velvet Revolver. And for all fans of Slash and the boys, I say thanks Lenny. I think at this point that they need to go with an unknown lead singer, like Journey did. They also need to get someone with no ego. In other news: goombah.com has its 15 tracks it is highlighting today. As usual there are some good tracks to download, especially since the price is so good. My favorite song of the highlighted songs is the song "Night Vision" by the band Passenger. This reminds me a lot of James Blunt only a lot more funky. Even if you don't like James Blunt, check it out. Also my condolences go out to the family of Shaft, Isaac Hayes. He passed away the other day. Many people credit him for all his work and influence of bringing more funky, danceable music to the forefront.

Early this morning I finished reading the fourth and last of the "Twilight" series "Breaking Dawn". As with the first three books this is a good book. Although I do think it is the weakest of the four. In the last couple hundred pages Meyer goes away from her winning formula of Bella and Edward. She then focuses more on all these other characters she hasn't written about previously or not at all. She's trying to lead to a big climactic finish that doesn't really feel in tune with the rest of the story. Also Meyer claims this is her last "Twilight" novel, but she left a lot of loose ends. I predict she will be writing at least one more of this series. According to rs.com she is working on a rewrite of "Twilight" written from Edward's viewpoint. She felt his character is "misunderstood". She's also working on a sequel to her other non-"Twilght" novel, "The Host". She also has some other ideas she is working on.

I have written about my admiration for my fellow 41 year old, Olympic swimmer Dara Torres. At the USA tryouts she qualified for three events but chose to only race in two at the Olympics. One of her races happened on August 10th. She and her relay partners captured the silver in the freestyle relay. Her other event began today. She is racing in her specialty the 50 meters freestyle. Today were the heats, tomorrow is the semifinals and Sunday morning about 9:15am she will be going for the gold. Also I would just like to mention the USA's Men's Basketball Team. They are so fun to watch. I hadn't realized how good Dwayne Wade and Lebron James are. If you want to check them out they play at 6:00am MST tomorrow morning. It is worth getting up early for.

Songs rocking my iPod: 1) "Supermodel"- Jill Sobule She's the first singer who sang a song called "I Kissed A Girl" Although her song and Katy Perry's song are completely different. 2) "Estranged"- Guns N' Roses Back when Guns N' Roses were vital and relevant. 3) "Suffragette City"- Poison I know David Bowie sang the original. However both versions are great. 4) "Driver's Seat"- Sniff 'n' Tears. A lost early 80's classic. 5) "When The Levee Breaks"- Led Zeppelin 6) "If You Can Afford Me"- Katy Perry 7) "She's Out of My Life"- Michael Jackson 8) "Spirits In The Material World"- The Police 9) "Hey Baby"- No Doubt 10) "Rock N' Roll, Hoochie Koo"- Rick Derringer 11) "Wasting My Time"- Default 12) "Bodhisattva"- Steely Dan 13) "Manic Depression"- Jimi Hendrix 14) "No Cars Go"- The Arcade Fire 15) "Bohemian Rhapsody"- Queen 16) "I Would Die For You"- Prince and 17) "On The Dark Side"- John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band.

I'll be back Sunday with a review of the movie "Tropic Thunder", information about a band called the Faint. Also I hopefully will be celebrating Dara Torres' gold medal. I will also be highlighting a singer named Charlotte Sometimes in one of my next couple of blogs. I am listening to her. I think she is a lot better than the much more acclaimed Duffy. Happy weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites