Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back To Music!

Hello,

I am back and feeling a little bit better than yesterday. I am still jobless and looking for a new permament, full-time job. It seems my Corporate America Sucks blog has hit a nerve, as I have about 8 more hits than I did yesterday. 1 hit per day is a lot for me so 8 is a considerable amount comparatively. I know I am not the only one who hates the monstrosity of corporate America. Unfortunately corporate America is not an oxymoron, although it is moronic.

Enough of that now back to the world of music. (Ironically a business destroyed by corporate America. Traditional record companies are sinking like rocks.)I have heard a lot of good things about The Jonas Brothers' new CD. In fact I have heard so many good things I am listening to it myself. Currently I am listening to their new CD on Rhapsody. It is titled "A Little Bit Longer". Since I am not 13, I don't know what their hits are. I am just listening to it. I'm sort of surprised but the Jonas Brothers have sort of a Def Leppard feeling to them. Their lead singer even sounds a bit like Joe Elliot. After listening to the whole CD, they rock a lot more than I expected. Not exactly what I expect for a Disney band. Not every song is good on this CD, "Lovebug" is a little sappy. Overall it is a good CD. I particularly like the songs "BB Good" and "Video Girl". I know most people would wonder why I am listening to the Jonas Brothers, not only that but actually admitting it. As I have previously mentioned I like all kinds of music. I don't care what it is, who it is or where it comes from.

Now on to some crap. Comcast On Demand let me down by having "Single White Female" available to watch. What a terrible movie! This is the worst lighting I have ever seen in a movie, apparantally they had to save money on the electric bill. I also have never seen so much gratitious nakedness. The story is stupid and predictable and the movie is about 30 minutes long. Also the villaness is stupid. She kills a main character by hitting him in the eyee wilth the heel of her shoe. He falls down to the floor with the shoe stuck in his eye. Yes, it is as stupid as you think it would be. I think that was suppose to be frightening and intense. Nope! If you have the choice of drinking a bottle of liquid Tide or watching this movie. Drink the liquid Tide. It will be a lot less painful, quicker and have a lot less long-term effects.

Also in the non-shocking news of the day. The Big Foot supposedly found in Georgia was been found out that it is a hoax. Really! The big news would have been if the story is true.

Thankfully I was able to see a good movie yesterday to wipe out some of the long-term scars of "Single White Female". It is the Brendan Fraser "Journey To The Center of The Earth" flick. Okay it is not the greatest movie ever. But it is a fairly good story with some amazing special effects. The underground ocean is a sight to behold. Fraser is good and so is the hottie in the movie. It is one of these 3-D movies that Hollywood keeps on trying to get to catch on. That aspect of the film worked as well and I really enjoyed the 3-D. I will give you a warning though, the cost of the 3-D glasses is added on to the regular movie price. One adult and 3 kids to see the matinee of this movie was $30.75. It was worth it and your kids will love it.

Here are some upcoming CD releases. I got all the following dates from amazon.com. They are easily one of my favorite websites overall and particularly for enter- tainment related merchandise. I'll list these in chronological order. Remember dates are subject to change and consider all dates tentative.

1) Brian Wilson: "That Lucky Old Son" This will be released September 2nd. In case you don't know Brian Wilson is the former lead singer and the main songwriter of the Beach Boys. If you are unfamiliar with their music you really need to check them out. 2) Metallica: "Death Magnetic" September 12th, 2008. Now be careful with this CD release date. Most CD's are released on Tuesdays, but this CD will be out on a Friday. 3) September 23rd, there are four CD's of note coming out that day. A) "Time The Conqueror"- Jackson Browne B) "Live in Gdansk"- David Gilmour. Gilmour is a crucial member of the fantastic rock band Pink Floyd. C) "Seven Lives, Many Faces" Enigma. (Enigma's music is one of the few highlights of "Single White Female")D) "Only By The Night"- Kings of Leon. 4) Jennifer Hudson: self-titled release date is September 30th, 2008 5) AC/DC "Black Ice": It will be released October 20th. This is one of those CDs that is only going to be available at Wal-Mart in terms of physical locations. It will be available on a couple of websites as well. This is their first CD in 8 years. They are then going on tour to support it.

Other further out release dates: In the greed category, on October 7th Tim McGraw is releasing his "Greatest Hits: Volume 3". I really hate when these type of CDs are released, there are too many greatest hits CD's. This does not necessarily mean it is Tim McGraw's fault. It might be McGraw releasing it to fulfill a record contract. It almost might be the record company trying to squeeze as much money out of Tim McGraw as possible, one of the most successful current musicians. (I think it would be funny if it included the Taylor Swift song "Tim McGraw")

One more date David Archuleta's new CD will be out November 4th. As of yesterday it was still untitled. Also his new song "Crush" is the second highest debuting song in the past 18 months. It is #2 on this week's Top 40. It trails only Rihanna's "Distubia". "Crush" is a quality song, it has a bit of a rocking vibe. A side I did not know Archuleta had until I heard this song. There still is no word on when David Cook's first post-Idol CD will be released. Also no word on a lead single yet.

One final note. Did anyone else see that dramatic game this morning between the U.S.A. and Brazil women in soccer? This was an amazing and hard fought game. Brazil has the world's best female player, Marta. She is absolutely incredible. Somehow the United States was able to keep her in check, although she did have several acrobatic shots. Carli Lloyd scored the only goal in the game in extra time. Other Olympics news: I have to tip my hat to the Japanese women, they defeated the U.S.A. women in softball. An amazing upset, this might be the biggest upset of the entire 2008 Olympics. The United States have won the last three Olympics, all their matches in this Olympics including beating Japan earlier. In men's basketball, the United States plays Argentina in the semi-finals tomorrow. They are playing at 8:15am MST. Go America but good luck to all contestants.

That is it for now. I should be back tomorrow, after I watch the men's basketball semi-finals of course. I also have to find a job. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites