Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Wanted", Not really

Hello,

Just time for a quick blog. Hopefully I will be back with another blog tomorrow or Tuesday. It is a busy time in my life right now.

I had the misfortune of seeing the movie "Wanted" the other night. This is the movie starring James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie, both of whom are very good actors. It is about asassains who try to kill people who are bad people. That way they can keep some kind of order in the world. The acting and the action are fine. The curving bullets are cool as well. Morgan Freeman is in this movie so that is a plus. He ust embodys cool so much. Yeah I know what you are thinking, it sounds like a good movie. Unfortunately it is not at all! Now for the bad: the story is stupid and the execution of the story is horrible. This is highlighted by a scene where the main characters are on a train crossing a bridge and for no logical reason someone pulls the emergency brake. That leads to a really dumb sequence. That scene destroyed any remaining credibility this movie had. I wish an assassin would of killed this movie before I saw it. I should have went and saw "Kung Fu Panda". Stupid, stupid, stupid movie. SKIP THIS MOVIE!

David Archuletta's new single was previewed yesterday on a New York City morning show. I was so ready to hate this song, thinking it was going to be more of that mid-tempo crap he sang on "American Idol". I am very surprised to write, this song ain't bad. In fact it is very good. The name of the song is "Crush". I read someone else's review, and he wrote that this "song could have been a hit about 10 years ago". (I am paraphrasing here). I understand what this critic is saying as this song sounds a lot like a 90's song. However it sounds like a good 90's song. No one is more surprised than me when I write this, but I think this song is going to be a hit. His voice sounds the best I have ever heard it. (Maybe that puberty thing is working out for him.) You can link to the song through rs.com. Alright Mr. Archuletta we will give you 15 more minutes of fame. I still can't believe I have nice things to say about David Archuleta. I even listened to the song twice.

Songs rocking my iPod: 1) "Foolin'"- Def Leppard 2) "We're Not Gonna Take It"- Twisted Sister 3) "Nice To Know You"- Incubus 4) "Beat It"- Michael Jackson 5) "Teenage Grafitti"- "The Pink Spiders 6) "B's in Tokyo- The Stars 6) "Bullet The Blue Sky"- U2 7) "How Soon Is Now?"- The Smiths 8) "Rats"- Pearl Jam This is one of their best but most underappreciated songs. 9) "Breakdown"- Daughtry 10) "Holiday"- Madonna I warned you there were going to be more Madonna mentions. 11) "That's What The Little Girls Do" (Live)- The Knack 12) "It's A Hit"- Rilo Kiley 13) "Heaven's On Fire"- Kiss 14) American Music"- Violent Femmes 15) "Punk Rock Girl"- The Dead Milkmen (Happy Birthday Mojo Nixon) 16) "You're Crazy"- Guns N' Roses 17) "Calm Like A Bomb"- Rage Against The Machine 18) "White Lines (Don't Do It)"- Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five 19) "Bodies"- Drowning Pool"- 20) "With or Without You"- U2 21) "Turn To Stone"- ELO and 22) "King of Pain"- The Police

Here's my slogan: Are you addicted? I know it is not very original, I am willing to take any suggestions. Have the rest of a great weekend, themusicaddict.

No comments:

Favorites