Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thank You Chris Paul!, The Dwightmare 3, Will The Dodgers Ever Learn How To Score?

Hello,

I would like to thank Chris Paul on behalf of all NBA fans for agreeing to a 5 year-$107 million dollar contract with the Clippers. I don't care where he signed, I'm just glad he didn't make it a long, drawn out process. Thanks for telling other teams not to pursue you and agreeing in principle to your contract quickly. Thank you for not being like the drama queen himself Dwight Howard, or as some call him Dwight Coward. Thanks again Chris Paul for being more concerned about finding the right basketball fit rather than getting people to fawn over you. I don't know if Chris Paul will even win a NBA title, as a main cog I do know that Howard never will.

My favorite phrase about Howard's latest unneeded drama is the Dwightmare 3. The funniest thing about this whole situation is that Paul is a much better player than Howard. I know I'm not the only one that's so tired of this whole song and dance. I can't believe that even Howard himself hasn't tired of this. I'm almost sure he already knows where he's going, unless he gets an offer that knocks him off of his feet. He probably isn't staying in LA or going to Dallas, Atlanta or Golden State. He'll probably end up in Houston with the very slightest chance he ends up back in LA.

When you can pay $88 million over 4 years to a broken down, poor foul shooting and going downhill player, why wouldn't you do it? That seems to be the thinking process behind Houston's bid. They must have missed the drama he's provided the last of couple of years. They must have missed his poor performance and his lack of effort the last couple of seasons. They must have missed him being intentionally fouled because he's such a poor foul shooter. I don't know what the Rockets are thinking, but I wouldn't want Howard on my team under any conditions. He's shown so many times how much of a whiny cancer he is.

I guarantee anyone that signs the self-loving, lazy, over rated Howard will regret it within 2 seasons. If Howard signs with Houston watch out for yourself Kevin McHale. Howard is a coach killer, which is another reason I'm amazed that someone would accommodate him. I predict that there will be rumors about amnestying Dwight Howard within a couple of years and eventually whatever team signs him will do just that.

As always I love reading the comments on ESPN about Dwight Howard's latest drama. I love how funny some people are in making fun of him. Thinking about that this morning, it made me think of a line from Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson". The line "Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio, a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you. What's that you say Mrs Robinson, Joltin' Joe has left and gone away."



My lyrics for Dwight Howard: "Why are you still here Dwight Howard, a nation shakes it's disgusted head at you. What's that you say Mrs. Robinson, whiny Dwight just won't go away."

MLB: I follow closely and cheer for far too many teams, yes I know this. However I'm surprised of the 7 teams I do follow that not one of them played yesterday. What are the chances? All 7 of my teams resume play on Tuesday. I'm excited that I can see the Dodgers play Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as they are playing the Rockies. All Rockies games are on locally for me thanks to Root Sports.

Trade rumors: What the hell is Ned Colletti thinking in possibly trading for Carlos Marmol? What do they hope to gain in any trade for him, he's shown several times that he no longer can play. I did see one fan suggest that the Dodgers trading for Marmol is part of a deal to also get Matt Garza. That's the only logical reason I can think of LA trading for Marmol. The Dodgers already have one overpaid mediocre pitcher on their staff, Brandon League, why would they want another one?

Update: this trade has now been completed. Marmol is now a Dodger, how many times does he mess up before he'll be released? The main part of the trade wasn't Matt Garza, but LA now has the #4 international signing slot No. 4. I'm not sure what the significance of that is, but it must be valuable if the Dodgers are willing to trade for Marmol to get it. Marmol can be a free agent at the end of the season. Read that as he'll be a free agent at the end of the season. (Thanks to ESPN's Jayson Stark for breaking this down into layman's terms for people like me.)

I'm also a Cubs fan. I looked at my blog notes and I was excited when the Cubs gave Marmol his unconditional release. On my blog notes I wrote "Cubs finally dump Marmol". I can't believe that any other team would trade for him.

I'm much more excited about the rumors of the Dodgers possibly acquiring Chase Utley, adding another proven bat to the low scoring, injury prone Dodgers lineup would be great. The caveat as always being as long as they don't give up too much.

Although the LA has won 8 of 9, their offense still remains pathetic. At one point they had climbed all the way to being tied for 26th place for runs scored. Although they are winning now, they've slipped to 29th in all of MLB for runs scored. While the Dodgers were enjoying a day off on Monday the Marlins scored 4 more runs. Those two teams have now played the same number of games and Miami only trails the Dodgers by 31 runs. LA starts a strenuous road schedule Tuesday, their offense will probably drop a bit. I believe LA is at the make or break part of their season. A strong showing certainly won't make their season, but a bad showing probably will break their season.

It's time for Matt Kemp and Adrian Gonzalez to put this team on their back and carry the Dodgers to the playoffs.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites