Wednesday, July 31, 2013

themusicaddict's Greatest CDs: The White Stripes' "White Blood Cells"

Hello,

This is pretty close to a finished blog, if I get inspired I may add more. This is another in my continuing series of greatest CDs of all-time. I'm highlighting The White Stripes "White Blood Cells". The White Stripes were an underground band before this CD was released and remained that way for a couple of years more . This is the CD that introduced me to The White Stripes and is definitely a greatest CD of all-time. It's also my favorite of all their CDs.

Nearly every song on this CD is solid and several are classics. Some of the classics include the grab you by the collar "Hotel Yorba", "Dead Leaves and Dirty Ground", "Little Room",  the sweet "The Same Boy You've Always Known" and "We're Going To Be Friends". I could go on and on but I also love "Fell In Love With A Girl" and "I Can Wait".

1) "Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground":



2) "Hotel Yorba":



3) "I'm Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman Everyday" (Live):



4) "Fell In Love With A Girl":



The White Stripes haven't had many covers made of their songs that I know of, this is one of the few. I love Joss Stone's accent on "Fell In Love With A Boy":



5) "Expecting":



6) "Little Room":



7) "The Union Forever" set to edited footage of "Citizen Kane":



8) "The Same Boy You've Always Known":



9) "We're Going To Be Friends":



10) "Offend In Every Way":



11) "I Think I Smell A Rat":



12) "Aluminum":



13) "I Can't Wait":



14) "Now Mary":



15) "I Can Learn":



16) "This Protector":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites