Tuesday, March 4, 2014

themusicaddict's Greatest CD's Of All-Time: Neil Young's "Sleeps With Angels"

Hello,

Neil Young has written some of the greatest songs of all-time, some of which he's well known for and some he's not known for at all.

In my opinion "Sleeps With Angels" is Young's best CD by far. I know that might be sacrilege to some, but I don't mean it to be. It's just an amazing CD, mostly full of mellow, mid-tempo songs. However near the end of the disc "Piece of Crap" comes along to kick butt. A scathing takedown of our overwhelmingly commercial world. Other great songs on this CD include "Driveby", the title track, "Western Hero" and of course "Piece of Crap".

For only $6.99 for the MP3 at Amazon this is a CD you should add to your collection asap.

"Sleeps With Angels" is a CD that Neil Young released mid career, it was released August 16th, 1994. I can't remember if I was a Neil Young fan before then. If I wasn't this made me a fan or strenghtened my fandom. In just a few months this CD will be celebrating it's 20th anniversary. Sadly the full CD doesn't have a Youtube video made for it yet.

1) "My Heart": This is perhaps the most beautiful song on the CD.



2) "Prime of Life":



"Prime of Life" (Live At The Bridge School Concert):



3) "Driveby":



4) "Sleeps With Angels": One of my favorite songs on this CD.



5) "Western Hero":



6) "Change Your Mind":



7) "Blue Eden":



8) "Safeway Cart":



9) "Train of Love":



10) "Trans Am":



11) "Piece of Crap":



"Piece of Crap" (Live)":



12) "A Dream That Can Last":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites