Monday, March 24, 2014

themusicaddict's Greatest CDs of All-Time: Ozzy Osbourne's "The Ultimate Sin"

Hello,

This blog is yet for another one of those 80s classic CDs. I'm pretty sure I would say "The Ultimate Sin" is my favorite Ozzy CD. Every song is amazing, it also features the great Ozzy and a very good band. "The Ultimate Sin" was released February 22nd, 1986. I'm fairly certain the first time I heard this album it was on cassette tape. If you don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky. It was a very inferior form of technology. Even with the cassette's tape inferior sound this still came out sounding great. Thank goodness for good speakers.

I remember before this CD came out, I wasn't a big Ozzy Osbourne fan. I was a bit of a snob about his music, although I loved the heavy metal boom going on at the time. I still remember the first time I was exposed to this album, from the first few notes I loved it. That started me on the path to being an Ozzy fan. I loved a lot of his music since then, although I still haven't seen him in concert. I don't recall him coming to Salt Lake very often. On that note here's an Ozzy concert from Salt Lake City in 1984:



This was a CD I was exposed to in my one year away at school. Since it's a very conservative college it's not the kind of CD you'd think to hear there. But hear it I did and I'm glad I did as I'm not sure the next time I would have been exposed to it. This CD was released in a very fertile time for music. Other great music coming out in the mid 80s included Prince, Whitney Houston, Madonna, the Hooters, Mr. Mister and many others.

Here's the Youtube video for the entire CD, thanks to Reese Speilberg for making this video:



1) "The Ultimate Sin":



2) "Secret Loser": This song is on the soundtrack for the movie "The Wraith". Although I grew up in the 80s and loved movies, I have never heard of this movie. That's strange because I watched a ton of movies in the 80s and this seems like it would have been up my alley. The movie does sound a bit like a "Christine" ripoff. However if you have "The Wraith" soundtrack on CD, it's going for about $100 each on amazon.com.

This is "Secret Loser", featuring scenes from "The Wraith".



"Secret Loser" which someone made a video for the album track:



"Secret Loser" (live with a Randy Castillo drum solo- at least I think this is Randy)



3) "Never Know Why":



"Never Know Why" (Live):



4) "Thank God for the Bomb":



5) "Never":



"Never" (live):



6) "Lightning Strikes": (A great song, but this outfit makes me question Ozzy's fashion sense.)



7) "Killer of Giants":



8) "Fool Like You":



9) "Shot In The Dark":



"Shot In The Dark" (live):



This is a concert Ozzy did about the time that "The Ultimate Sin" was released. The "Shot In the Dark" video is first and then the concert starts about the 5:30 minute mark.



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I always liked the Ultimate Sin, but Diary of a Madmen or Blizzard of Ozz were my favorites.

Favorites