Monday, March 17, 2014

Quick Review of the Television Show "Crisis": Dumb Show But Great Music

Hello,

I watched the series premiere for "Crisis" tonight. This is a brand new show starring Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney. On a field trip someone kidnaps the high school children of the rich and powerful. Sadly the premiere episode was a dud that dead on arrival. I have almost no expectations that this show will last very long. It's just dumb, predictable and is similar to many other shows.

However I will say that the person behind the music did find a couple of gems. Thanks to the IMBD message boards for information about these two songs. First up is Serena Ryder's "Stompa":



I also have much love for Scala and Kolacny Brothers cover of the classic Metallica song "Nothing Else Matters":



And a quick review of "Resurrection", it's certainly better than "Crisis". Overall I'm disappointed by it. Like "The Walking Dead", it lets the camera focus on one scene for several seconds a few times each episode. I know the producers would say they are building suspense, but in my opinion its that they don't have any good ideas. Thus they stretch out their less than good ideas as long as possible. However "Resurrection" does have much better dialogue than "The Walking Dead". For a show that's so popular I have no idea why they have such bad dialogue.

I've watched the first two episodes of "Resurrection" and I'll watch at least one more episode. I'm hoping that it finds it's legs, I have no such hopes for "Crisis". In fact I wouldn't be surprised by its quick cancellation. But thanks for featuring those two great songs.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites