Saturday, August 13, 2016

Just What Is A Hit?: The Fifteen Best Two Hit Titans of the 80s Part 2: #11-#8 (Finished August 17th, 2016)

Hello,

I originally had Wang Chung at #8, mainly because I could think of their three great songs. And after listening to their music I could still only think of three great songs. Honestly other than the lead single, I was disappointed by their "To Live and Die In LA" soundtrack.

"Dance Hall Days":


"Everybody Have Fun Tonight":


"To Live and Die In LA":


When I originally wrote up my Top 15 list for this blog, I had Mike + The Mechanics at #6. After listening to a lot of music by each of these 15 bands, they have dropped 4 notches. That's not a reflection on them so much, it's mainly a reflection of some of the other bands that have so many more amazing songs than I realized. For Mike + The Mechanics they had 3 hits. Again for the purposes of this blog, I define a hit as a great song. That's even if it wasn't considered a hit when it was originally released.

"Silent Running":


"All I Need Is A Miracle":


A great song about the complicated relationship between many fathers and sons. "The Living Years":


 Crowded House was originally was # 11 on my initial rankings of these 15 musicians. After listening to their music, they've moved up to #9. Their two hits were "Something So Strong" and the amazing "Don't Dream It's Over". But they also had a couple of other good songs.

"Something So Strong":



"Don't Dream It's Over":



"Chocolate Cake":



"Mean To Me":



Up next is #8. On my initial rankings for these 15 Two Hit Titans, they were #9. After listening to a bunch of songs Europe moved up to #8. Obviously their two hits are "The Final Countdown" and "Carrie". "Rock The Night" is a decent song, but "Cherokee" should have been bigger when released.
"The Final Countdown":



"Carrie":



"Cherokee":



"Rock The Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites