Monday, August 1, 2016

What Prince Videos Are Available On YouTube Now?

Hello,

Before Prince died he was notorious for not allowing his music on Youtube- unless it suited his purposes. Before he died it was hard to find his music performed by him on Youtube. However I had a feeling when Prince died, his music was going to be all over Youtube. It's because I knew the people making decisions about Prince's music would be financially compensated for those rights. Prince didn't need the money. Then just like that his music would be on Youtube. With the April 21st death of the great Prince weighing heavy on my mind still, I was wondering what videos are available on Youtube now. I'm picking several of his songs and finding out if they are available on Youtube. I quickly found out that pretty much every Prince song is now on Youtube, usually multiple versions of each of his songs. I expect that to continue to expand the further we get away from his life.

To make this a relatively fair exercise, I picked 17 of his more popular songs. I also was able to listen to his Black Album on Youtube.

"I Wanna Be Your Lover":


Wow, this video takes me back to the early 80s, when I was seeing this video for the first time. MTV used to be so cool, I know that's hard to believe now kids. "1999":


"Little Red Corvette":


There's only a couple of versions of this song by Prince on Youtube. "When Doves Cry":


This shows how dynamic of a live performer Prince was. "Let's Go Crazy/Kiss"":


There are only a couple of versions of this song on Youtube."Purple Rain":


"I Would Die 4 U":


I could only find one or two versions of this song by Prince available. "Raspberry Beret":


The original video for "Raspberry Beret" isn't available, but it is for this song? That seems a bit random. "Kiss":


"Sign o' The Times":


Not the only song he and Sheena Easton collaborated on, "U Got The Look":


Other than a :38 second snippet, this song isn't on Youtube yet. "Alphabet City":
A few different versions of this song, including the extended version. "Thieves In The Temple":


"Gett Off":


"Cream":


A few versions of this song are available on Youtube. "Diamonds & Pearls":


"Money Don't Matter 2 Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites