Monday, August 15, 2016

Just What Is A Hit?: The Fifteen Best Two Hit Titans of the 80s Part 3: #7-#5 (Finished August 17th, 2016)

Hello,

Now it's time for Part 3 of this blog series. Briefly a blogger, who's website is underscoopfire.com, has created a list of 15 "two hit titans" from the 80's. I've taken that list and ranked those 15 artists by how many hits they have. For terms of hits in this blog series, I count any good or great song as a hit. Not so much a song that soared to #1 or sold a lot of copies. Just a good or great song equals a hit. The term "hit" is nebulous enough, so why can't I have my own definition of hit?

Number 7 on this list is FYC, aka Fine Young Cannibals. Originally FYC was #7 on my rankings. After listening to a bunch of music by all 15 bands, they remain at #7. According to underscoopfire's criteria, their two hits were "She Drives Me Crazy" and "Good Thing". But those aren't the only songs that were hits according to my criteria.

"She Drives Me Crazy":


"Good Thing":


"Suspicious Minds":


"Don't Look Back":


Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, originally they were were #3, but some other bands passed them by. Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam have now dropped to #6. I still love their great songs.

"I Wonder If I Take You Home":


One of my all-time favorite songs! "All Cried Out":


"Lost In Emotion":


"Head To Toe":


Don't sass me young man, you refer to me as sir or mister. In fact just call me Mr. Mister. Mr. Mister was #5 on the original rankings. After listening to their music they soared all the way to #5. I know of three of their great songs "Is It Love", "Broken Wings" and "Kyrie"- the last two being their official hits. As I listened to their debut CD I realized they had several at least very good songs.

"Is It Love":



I know you hear this a lot from me, but this is one of the greatest songs of all-time. "Broken Wings":



Not to be confused with the Adam and the Ants "Stand and Deliver":



"Kyrie":



"Something Real (Inside Me/Inside You)":



"Black/White":



"Talk The Talk":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites