Wednesday, February 15, 2017

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands # 44 Tina Turner: Part 1 Her Best 80's Era Songs 30-21 (Finished February 15th, 2017)

Hello,

I've been focusing on other topics in blogs for the last few days. I still have a few blogs to finish, which I'll eventually get to. Also in a little over a week I'll be going and seeing Skillet in concert so I continue to get ready for that. Sadly I have no interest in either of the opening bands, so there will be no blogs forthcoming on them. But I'm going to focus a bit more on the 80's Era Greatest 80's Bands now- there's a chance I might be able to finish this some day. Here are the the best Tina Turner 80's era songs, # 30 to # 21.

Tina Turner, was born as Anna Mae Bullock, on November 26th, 1939. She was born in Nutbush, Tennessee. She first achieved fame by working with and eventually marrying Ike Turner. He was an abusive man, as seen in the gut wrenching "What's Love Got To Do With It". Following much trauma and success, she broke out in a big way in the mid 80s. Released in 1984, "Private Dancer" went on to be her most popular and best selling CD. Worldwide sales of "Dancer" have sold 25 million copies She hasn't released a new CD since 1999's not very good "Twenty Four Seven". As of now she's working on a musical version of her life story, tentatively titled "Tina". Hopefully the musical will be more clever than the title. She became a Swiss citizen in 2013 and relinquished her American citizenship. (Thanks to Wikipedia for the biographical information.)

There are two versions of this song, the better of the two versions is this one that features a sax solo. 30) "The Way of the World":


29) "I Might Have Been Queen":


28) "You Can't Stop Me Loving You":


27) "Till The Right Man Comes Along":


26) "Ask Me How I Feel":


25) "You Know Who (Is Doing You Know What)":


24) "Back Where You Started":


23) "Love Explosion":


A very good ballad. 22) "I See Home":


This song was written by David Bowie. 21) "1984":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites