Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Best MTV Music Video Awards Music Performances 1984-1985

Hello,

This blog is inspired by this episode of CNN's "The Eighties":


I know it's hard to believe now, but MTV used to be about music. Yes, I know Music Television actually being about music-what a bizarre concept. Watching the above show, it brought back a lot of great memories about all the amazing music of the 80s. As this show highlights, almost all that decade's music was amazing. From Madonna to Cyndi Lauper to Depeche Mode to The Beastie Boys to infinity and beyond. 

Honestly with my ongoing 106 Greatest Bands of all-time going on and all the other 80's blogs I've written I have pretty much written about all music related topics of that decade. As I was watching the above video I was desperately trying to find something new that I haven't written down. About that time Madonna's classic performance of "Like A Virgin" flickered across the screen.

Madonna "Like A Virgin" (1984):


Tina Turner "What's Love Got To Do With It (1984):


ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man" (1984):

Unfortunately for this video the "embedding is disabled by request. However if you want to watch this performance, here's the url: https://youtu.be/5r5jHn53Gvs

Sadly David Bowie's "Blue Jean" isn't even available to watch and either is Ray Parker Jr's "Ghostbusters".

All these performances are from 1985 MTV Music Awards Show.

The Eurythmics "Would I Lie To You":


Yes Alex, I'll take lip synching for $100. Tears For Fears "Shout":


John Cougar Mellencamp "Lonely Ol' Night":


Sting's "If You Love Someone Set Them Free" isn't available at Youtube. However Prince and the Revolution's performance of "Purple Rain" at the 1985 American Music Awards is available. I was never able to see him live, so this is as close as I'll ever get:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites