Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Great Songs That Mention Other Great Songs (Finished April 26th, 2017)

Hello,

I thought of this blog as I was driving home and listening to Jimmy Eat World's "A Praise Chorus". That whole CD, "Bleed American" is great and has a lot of great songs on it. "The Middle" is a great song, but probably my second favorite song on that CD is "A Praise Chorus", I especially love the old great songs it mentions. Songs like "Crimson and Clover", Madness' "Our House" and I just recently noticed a reference to Bad Company's "Rock N' Roll Fantasy". (I'm looking forward to seeing Jimmy Eat World open for Incubus in early August.)

When I got home I thought I might not be the first one who thought of this. Thus I Googled it. And the A.V Club has the best and most definitive list. I found many of the below songs from their article. For this blog I'm going to post the song that mentions other(s) songs and then post the mentioned song(s).

I have other songs that would fit this blog, although I have yet to decide if I will have a part 2 to this blog. I'm almost to the point where I can start posting the Neil Young countdown blogs.

Lynryd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama":


 mentions Neil Young's "Southern Man":


Snow Patrol's "Hands Open":


 mentions Sufjan Stevens amazing "Chicago":


The above song and this song are both from the amazing CD "Come On Feel The Illinoise". Completely random, but this is my favorite Sufjan Stevens song, I'm not the only one, just read some of the comments for this song. "Casimir Pulaksi Day":


Built To Spill's "You Were Right":


 mentions many classics. Some of those are:
Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2":


Jimi Hendrix's "Manic Depression":


Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band's "Against The Wind":


Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds":


Jimmy Eat World's "A Praise Chorus"



mentions Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "Crimson and Clover":



Madness "Our House":



Bad Company "Rock and Roll Fantasy":



They Might Be Giants "Don't Let Start":



Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart":



Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight":



mentions the Ronettes' "Be My Baby":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites