Saturday, April 1, 2017

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands #39 Neil Young: Their Best Non- 80's Era Songs Part 1 1966-1976 (Finished April 2nd, 2017)

Hello,

As all true rock fans know Neil Young has been very successful since the late 60s. He released great songs in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the years since. Neil Young is my # 39 Greatest 80s musician, but he had a lot of great songs before and after that. Eventually I'll produce a series of countdown blogs for his 80s era output. First I have to work through his 14 CDs I'll be considering for his 80s era blogs, a task that's going to take awhile. Until I can write those blogs I want to post an unknown at this time number of blogs covering his songs before and after his 80s era output. This blog is his pre-80s classics. Although this blog is mainly about Neil Young, obviously he has had a lot of help over the years. That's why I kept "their" in the title to acknowledge bands such as Crazy Horse, Pearl Jam, CSNY, Buffalo Springfield and gulp, Devo.

These are the pre-80s era Neil Young songs that he recorded with Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.

As part of Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth":


As part of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young:

"Suite Judy Blue Eyes":


"Ohio":


"Southern Man":


"Woodstock":


"Teach Your Children":


"Our House":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites