Wednesday, February 14, 2018

(Finished February 14th, 2018) Romance For Your Valentine's Day and Any Other Day

Hello,

Originally this blog was suppose to be the first blog in the best of Gaslight Anthem/ Brian Fallon. But while surfing the 'net I stumbled across a story about Seal. It then had a link to information about his "Standards" CD. I listened to it and loved it. And it is Valentine's Day so I thought this was very appropriate for today.

"Standards" is Seal's 10th CD, it's not a collection of new pop songs. As the title suggests these are standards from a bygone era. These were songs recorded by Frank Sinatra and others. This is what Seal said about creating this CD,

"This is the album I have always wanted to make. I grew up listening to music from the Rat Pack era, so recording these timeless tunes was a lifelong dream. It was a true honour to collaborate with the same musicians who performed with Frank Sinatra and so many of my favourite artists, in the very same studios where the magic was first made – it was one of the greatest days of my recording career."

I listened to this CD today and thought this would be a great Valentine's Day CD to listen to for any romantic mood.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


"Luck Be A Lady":


"Autumn Leaves":


"I Put A Spell On You":


"They Can't Take That Away From Me":


"Anyone Who Knows What Love Is":


"Love For Sale":


"My Funny Valentine":


"I've Got You Under My Skin":


"Smile":


"I'm Beginning To See The Light (featuring the Puppini Sisters):


"It Was A Very Good Year":


"The Nearness of You":


"Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow":


"Christmas Song":


My thoughts and prayers to those victims at the Florida high school today.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites