Sunday, February 18, 2018

(Finished June 20, 2018) 80's Country Music Superstar: The Best of Kenny Rogers, Part 1

Hello,

I've really been enjoying listening again to all the great songs of Alabama again, it made me start thinking about other great 80's country musicians. One of those great musicians I came up with is Mr. Kenny Rogers, the man sang some great songs. He was particularly good with love songs, he has some of the best love songs ever created. As the lyric states "no one sings a love song like you".

He would definitely land in my top 80's era musicians, but I haven't decided if I'm going to include him or not. That would be 18 CDs I'd have to listen to, I don't know that's something I want to devote time to. The bulk of his career was during the 80's era of 1977-1993 and so he would be high on the countdown. For now I'll just post some of his greatest 80's era songs.

This is one of the great country songs I grew up on, I'm sure I've heard this song hundreds of times, "Lucille":



"Daytime Friends":


"Sweet Music Man":


"Love Or Something Like It":


"The Gambler":


Next up two of the greatest love songs ever. "She Believes In Me":



"You Decorated My Life":



"Coward of The Country":



"Don't Fall in Love With a Dreamer" (With Kim Carnes):



"Love The World Away":



"Lady":



"Share Your Love With Me":



"Blaze of Glory":



Another one of the greatest ever love songs. "Through The Years":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites