Friday, December 1, 2023

(Finished December 1st, 2023) Part 2 of Let's Explore Rock Pasta's 10 (Actually 8) Obscure Hair Metal Bands

Hello,

I'm working on a series of blogs trying to figure out which year was the best year for hair metal between 1983-1992. To complete those blogs though I want to add obscure hair metal bands that maybe should be remembered. I Googled this and came up with Rock Pasta's 10 Best Forgotten Hair Metal Bands: 

https://rockpasta.com/10-best-forgotten-hair-metal-bands/#:~:text=10%20Best%20Forgotten%20Hair%20Metal%20Bands%201%201.,the%20signature%20sex-anthem%20%E2%80%9CCherry%20Pie%E2%80%9D.%20...%20More%20items

I plan on posting two songs for each band, but if that band has more great songs I'll add those as well. I'm going to also add the band Heaven's Edge, which I read a very enthusiastic review for yesterday. Rock Pasta included Warrant in the forgotten hair metal bands, They're not obscure at all. Rock Pasta also mentions Ratt as an obscure hair metal band. again they're not obscure at all. I'll not be featuring them here either. If you want to listen to some great Warrant music check out "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich". 

These next four songs are by Kingdom Come. 7)"Get It On":

"What Love Can Be":

"You're Not The Only One I Know":

"Ain't Crying For The Moon":

These next three songs are by Britny Fox. 8) "Long Way To Love";

"Girlschool":

"Standing In The Shadows":

Here's a few bands I want to know more about on my own.

9) Heaven's Edge "Play Dirty":

"Skin To Skin":

"Find Another Way":

"Hold On To Tonight":

"What Could've Been":

10) Disneyland After Dark "Sleeping My Day Away":

"Everything Glows":

11) Thunder "Love Walked In":

"Don't Wait Up":

"She's So Fine":

Alright Thunder deserves one more song, I really liked "Love Walks In", that song transcends it's hair metal roots. I also really like "She's So Fine":

"Last One Out Turn Out The Lights":

These next three songs are all by Little Caesar. A hair metal band covering the Queen of Soul? Interesting and not terrible. 12) Little Caesar "Chain Of Fools":


Wait Rick Dees had his own show? Huh? "Hard Times":


"Supersonic":


13) Law and Order "Needle and the Spoon":


14) "Plague of Innocence":

I discovered these guys when I was listening to an obscure hair metal playlist. These two final songs are by Hericane Alice. 14) Hericane Alice "Wild, Young and Crazy":

"Tear The House Down":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites