Tuesday, December 5, 2023

(Finished December 5th, 2023) Part 7 of Songs That Meant Something To Me In The 80s, Songs 103-119

Hello, 

Currently I'm working at Lowes and they're another store that plays a preponderance of 80s music. As an old fogie and a member of Generation X I love 80s music. Two of the better songs that were played were Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" and Fleetwood Mac's "Hold Me". 

I love that thumping bass. 103) Cherrelle "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On":

104) Atlantic Starr "When Love Calls":

105) Starpoint "Object Of My Desire":


I'm not sure where I found this song or why I decided to include it here, but it runs on too long. This song would be much better at three minutes long. 106) Xavier "Work That Sucker To Death":


A very good song, it just goes on two minutes long. 107) Full Force "Turn You On":


I should have called this section songs with great bass lines. 108) Skyy "Call Me":


The 80's also had its share of novelty songs, here are the more tolerable novelty songs.
109 Julie Brown "Homecoming Queen Has A Gun":


110) Frank and Moon Zappa "Valley Girl":


111) Billy Crystal "You Look Marvelous":


112) Bob and Doug McKenzie "Take Off":


113) Baltimora "Tarzan Boy":


114) Yello "Oh Yeah":


Just all around great 80s songs:

I could have had a section of Kenny Loggins best songs from 80s movies. 
115) Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone":


116) Tracey Ullman "They Don't Know":


117) Belinda Carlisle "Heaven Is A Place On Earth":

I just can't get enough of this song!! 118) Elton John "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues":

119) John Anderson "Down In Tennessee": 

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites