Tuesday, December 12, 2023

(Finished December 12th, 2023) Part 2 of Great 80s Songs You Haven't Thought About In Awhile, If Ever

Hello,

I just can't get away from doing 80s music blogs, to me that was the greatest decade for music ever. These are songs that you haven't thought about for awhile or maybe never have thought about. My aim here is great songs that aren't completely forgotten but just haven't got the love they so deserve. I'm trying not to include completely obscure songs here. 

I'm trying to post songs, even if they were a big hit back in the day, that seem to have been forgotten. For instance I was watching an episode of "Suits" last night. Harvey Specter and Mike Ross were discussing the great band The Spinners. They were a band that had a lot of great songs, but some people would give you a blank look if you mention their name. In fact Mike Ross was not familiar with the Spinners. I'll be posting one of their songs later. 

What I'm trying to do is to post great songs, but not those songs that most sentient beings should know. In other words I won't have Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", Huey Lewis and The News" The Power of Love", Madonna's "Like A Virgin", George Michael's "I Want Your Sex" or "Faith" etc. In other words I want to post the 80% of songs that fit in between the obscure and the songs that most people should know. Most folks my age will be familiar with many of these songs. Great decade, great times, great music and a great life.

18) Echo and the Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses":

19) The Alan Parsons Project "Time":

20) Billy Idol "White Wedding":

21) George Michael "Monkey":

22) The Spinners "Cupid/"I've Loved You For A Long Time":

This may tend towards being obscure. 23) The Deele "Two Occasions":

24) Manfred Mann Earth Band "Runner":

25) Pretty Poison "Catch Me I'm Falling":

26) Stacey Q "We Connect":

Obscure probably not for the former Beatle, but also not as well known as he should be. 27) George Harrison "When We Were Fab":

28) After The Fire "Der Kommissar":

29) Skyy "Call Me":

30) Bang Tango "Someone Like You":

If you were the singer for the greatest rock band of all-time, Led Zeppelin, can your solo music be obscure. I'm not sure and Plant had a lot of great songs as a solo artist. 31) Robert Plant "In The Mood":

The original slightly more lively version:

32) Oingo Boingo "Weird Science":

Even when she recently died I don't know that this early career single received any more attention. That's too bad as it's a great song. 33) Sinead O'Connor featuring MC Lyte "I Want Your Hands On Me":

34) Rush "The Spirit of Radio":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites