Sunday, December 17, 2023

(Finished December 17th, 2023) Part 5 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

The last blog I did in this series was over two years ago, time to do another one. I still need to read that book mentioned below.

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw a couple of years ago at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I needed to hear that song again, then I took it further and decided to build a series of blogs around it. I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close, except for songs here.

Fleetwood Mac made listening to music fun. 69) Fleetwood Mac "You Make Loving Fun":

Foreigner released their self-titled debut CD in 1977. It featured such classics "Cold As Ice", "Long Long Way From Home" and 70) "Feels Like The First Time":

71) Foreigner "Cold As Ice":

72) Foreigner "Long Long Way From Home":


73) David Gates "Goodbye Girl":


74) Crystal Gayle "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue":


75) Crystal Gayle "I'll Do It All Over Again":


Andy Gibb's two best years were likely 1977 and 1978. Sadly 10 years after this amazing two year run he died at way two young of age. He had just barely turned 30. 76) Andy Gibb "I Just Want To Be Your Everything":

77) Andy Gibb (Love Is) Thicker Than Water":

78) Hall and Oates "Rich Girl":

79) Merle Haggard "From Graceland To The Promiseland":


80) Merle Haggard "If We're Not Back In Love By Monday":


81) Merle Haggard "Ramblin' Fever":


82) Hot "Angels In Your Arms":


83) Thelma Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way":


84) Waylon Jennings an Willie Nelson "Luckenbach, Texas":


85) Waylon Jennings "The Wurlitzer Prize":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites