Tuesday, June 24, 2008

AI Second Place Finishers, Motley Crue

Hello,

R.I.P. George Carlin.

Here is the list of the very unimpressive second place finishers from "American Idol". Season One: Justin Guarini, he's doing that "AI" review show. And of course (sarcasm alert) he was in the hit movie "From Kelly to Justin". I'm not sure why his career hasn't taken off yet as he has an amazing voice. It is almost goosebump good. After having David Archuletta shoved down my throat for a whole season compare him to Guarini. There is just no comparison. Guarini is 10 times the singer and there also is no daddy in sight. Season Two: Clay Aiken, here is the most believeable thing about him, he is going to be a father. In the June 9th, 2008 Newsweek it was revealed that his sperm artificially inseminated a friend of his and he's going to be a proud poppy. I think all of his music sucks, but he did get a role in Spamalot. So he gets props for that. Season Three: Diana Degarmo, apparantally she is in the witness protection program. Season Four: Bo Bice, I honestly don't much about him other than he has two CD's out. One thing that can be said for him is that he is not Kid Rock.

Season Five: Katherine McPhee, she is easily one of the most gorgeous "AI" contestants ever. Her first CD isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. She was dropped from her record label 18 months after being signed. Season Six: Blake Lewis, the absolutely lame beatboxer. How did he become that season's second place finisher? According to rs.com, he has been dropped by his record label, Arista. His first CD didn't go gold, which is the reason given why he was dropped. He sold about 300,000 copies of his first CD, to be gold you have to sell 500,000 copies. Of course 300,000 copies is about 299,998 copies more than I thought he would sell. It also didn't help him that he sucks. Season Seven: David Archuleta, again one of the funniest things I have recently read is he is busy writing songs for his debut CD. I predict he will be dropped from his label about this time next year. He will have huge initial sales of his debut CD, but I think he will fade quickly after that. He will have a very similar trajectory to Taylor Hicks' career.

But here is the most exciting news of the day, the new Motley Crue CD is out today. I just finished listening to it thanks to my friends at Rhapsody. I will be giving a full on review this week sometime. However here's my quick one word review: awesome. The only drawback with this CD is it is extremely explicit. The F-bomb is liberally dropped all over the CD. It is kind of cool that they sing about their history, which is a melodic history. But without a doubt this CD rawks! It is so much better than 98% of the music out there.

CD of the day: Bruce Springsteen's ode to NYC after 9/11, "The Rising". Not only is this CD very emotionally uplifting, every song is great. This might be his best CD, 11 of the 15 songs are classics. Band of the day: Rush. Yeah I know they have been around forever and have had much success. However I listened to their R30 live CD the other day and that is a fantastic collection of their musicianship and all their great songs. If you had a subscription to Rhapsody you could check out that CD, plus the new Motley Crue. (Note: Rhapsody is not paying me a dime. I stumbled over them by chance. I absolutely love how I have access to so much great music through them.)

Songs rocking my iPod: 1) "Twilight"- ELO 2) "Big Mouth Strikes Again (Live)"- Morrissey. If I had to choose one song that most accurately describes me, I would have to pick this song unfortunately. 3) "Spiral"- XTC 4) "Luckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics of Life)- Waylon Jennings. This is truly a great song. 5) "Red Hill Mining Town"- U2 6) "Black Boys On Moped" a very nasty, angry vent at the England government. It is also a great song. 7) "Baby Don't Forget My Number"- Milli Vanilli (yes that band) 8) "19"- Paul Hardcastle 9) "Run Like Hell (Live)" 10) "Stages"- ZZ Topp 11) "Sin"- Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor,back when he was at his best. 11) "Breathe Today"- Flyleaf 12) "Teenage Grafitti"- The Pink Spiders.

Have a great day! Be looking out for the next Rolling Stone magazine, they will have a big article on "Chinese Democracy", from what I understand. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites