Saturday, June 7, 2008

6th place American Idol finishers.

Hello,

Here are the 6th place "American Idol" finishers and what they have done so far, if anything. By the way what I mean by mainstream success is an artist is receiving attention and one does not have to go look for it. For example: I could care less about the "Sex and the City" movie, but I have been inundated with several stories about it. Season One: Christina Christian, I don't remember hearing anything about her at all. I have never heard her name. She's barely an "AI" footnote. She has a couple of singles available at amazon.com and that's it. Season Two: Carmen Rasmussen, she and I went to the same high school, though I attended about 20 years before her. She has actually released two CD's "Carmen" and "Nothin' Like The Summer". "Summer" was released last August. She has also written a book about maintaining her values in the entertainment industry. In spite of those releases, she has made little impact on the mainstream. Season Three: John Stevens, there appear to be two musicians with this name. But it looks like the "AI" contestant has released two CD's, again no impact on the mainstream. Season Four: Constatine Maroulis, he also has a couple of CD's available. He released a solo CD and has released a CD with his band. Again no impact on mainstream sales. Season Five: Kellie Pickler, now this is what I mean by mainstream success. She has had hit songs and hit CD's. She has had much success so far. Season Six: Phil Stacey, again he has released a CD. Now he really hasn't made mainstream success but he and his CD have received some attention. He also has made at least one music video, with his wife as a co-star. He also seems like a good guy and I hope he continues to do well. Season Seven: Carly Smithson. Not only is she easily my favorite sixth placed contestant of all-time, she is one of my all-time favorite "AI" contestants. She released her debut CD in 2001 under the name of Carly Hennessy. That was received poorly, before being forgotten completely until this year's show. However I think she has an amazing amount of talent and I hope she goes on to have a superstar career. Next up the extremely lackluster 5th place contestants. (Good luck, Brooke.)

Upcoming CD's: This Tuesday we have a very diverse group of musicians releasing music. (I gathered this information from amazon.com.) Alanis Morissette, Jakob Dylan (of Wallflowers fame), the Fratellis are all releasing new CD's. Also the Foxboro Hottubs are releasing a double CD of their recent CD, "Stop, Drop and Roll". I wasn't able to find the details on what is on the second CD though. Also my favorite titled CD of the year is coming Tuesday as well. That being Martha Wainwright's "I Know You're Married, But I Have Feelings Too". I did a preview of these songs yesterday, and I was not very impressed. Also on June 17th the new Coldplay CD "Viva La Vida" will be released. It is available as a MP3 on iTunes now. Then the CD that I am most excited about: On June 24th Motley Crue releases, "Saints Of Los Angeles". I will be buying that the same day.

Also one more quick note: I watched "Dan in Real Life" with my lovely wife last night. That is a movie you can skip. It is one of those movies that if a misunderstanding is resolved at the beginning of the movie, there would be no movie. Please do not support crap.

Have a great weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites