Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Top 50 artists of all-time continued, "AI" third place finishers

Hola mi amigos,

Here are the next few names on my Top 50 artists of all-time.
43) James Taylor: the great singer-songwriter.
42) Alabama: the great country music group who sadly is no longer together.
41) Blondie: one of the early great punk/ new wave bands. As a kid they were my favorite band. My kid top 3 filled out with ELO and Cheap Trick.
40) Johnny Cash: The great country music singer who had a career resurgance thanks to Rick Rubin. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago.
39) Jimi Hendrix: The great and revolutionarily talented guitarist. I am reading an article about him from the 2006 Mojo magazine. When he came into England he overwhelmed everybody. He made Pete Townsend consider giving up playing guitar because Hendrix was so amazing. Not only that but he was also a great songwriter. He has at least 20 songs that are classics.

"American Idol" third place finishers. Season One: Nikki Mckibbin, where have you gone Nikki our country turns our lonely eyes to you? (My apologies to Simon and Garfunkel.) Season Two: Kimberly Locke, she may end up being the most successful third place finisher ever, although her competition isn't that strong. I highly reccomend you get her first CD, "One Love". Season Three: Jasmine Trias and Season Four: Vonzell Soloman. See Season One. Season Five: Elliot Yamin, I know he has released at least one CD. He also sang on last season of "American Idol". I had heard so much how great his voice was, however I was very disappointed. And the song he sang was terrible. Season Six: Melinda Doolittle, probably my favorite third place contestant. Unfortunately she hasn't received a record contract yet. 19 Entertainment prefers to throw away its money on David Archuletta. Please. Someone please someone sign Melinda Doolittle asap. I know at least one person who would buy her CD. Season Seven: Syesha Mercado, the irrepresible one, the one who never gives up and always keeps on fighting. You have got to admire her heart. I am hoping she has an Alicia Keys type career.

Band of the Day: Pipettes old school soul music mixed with modern sounds. They are great. If you like Duffy, you will love the Pipettes. Check out their most recent CD, "We Are The Pipettes". Also June is Black History Month. To honor that amazon.com is giving away 9 soul songs, including Little Richard's "Good Golly, Miss Molly", for free. As my pappy always says, "You can't beat free." I went and watched the excellent "Incredible Hulk" yesterday. After the high quality "Iron Man" Marvel Comics as a movie studio is two for two. Go check out "The Incredible Hulk" and you'll enjoy the surprise cameo at the end. It seems Marvel Comics has an excellent strategy in place. Also thanks to Comcast On Demand, I watched the very good and intense, "The Bone Collector". This movie stars Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. I am not a big Angelina Jolie fan but she does a great job in this movie. She plays her role perfectly. Also Metallica has announced the name of their new CD "Death Magnetic" and it will be released in September sometime. (Just like the Jennifer Hudson CD- yeah.)

Finally songs rocking my iPod 1) "Maureen"- Fountains of Wayne 2) "Crushcrushcrush"- Paramore 3) "Kickstart My Heart"- Motley Crue. (Only 6 more days until their new CD, "Saints of Los Angeles".) 4) "Anticipation"- Carly Simon 5) "Pink Triangle"- Weezer 6) "Life Is A Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)"- Meat Loaf.

I will be back on Friday with the new Alanis CD review. Have a great day, themusicadd

No comments:

Favorites