Monday, October 20, 2008

Upcoming CD Releases, Good TV shows

Hello friends,

I am back and I apologize that I didn't blog yesterday. Just a brief update on my life now. My wife and I are still struggling to reconcile our marriage. We have our first marriage counseling appointment Wednesday afternoon. This week I am working 4 graveyard shifts so I can be trained to work those occasionally. I hate graveyards. I will suck it up though. Hopefully I will find another job soon.

I mentioned that there were rumors that Green Day is in the studio working on their new CD. This has been confirmed by Rolling Stone magazine. At their website they actually have video proof of super producer Butch Vig working with them. They'll be releasing this CD under their Green Day name, not under The Foxboro Hottubs. No word on a release date.

Here's a rundown of some television shows I am currently enjoying. Last week was the premiere of "Eli Stone", it's returning for it's second season. This season's first episode was great, a very clever storyline. If you haven't seen this show, you definitely need to give it a chance. The main character is played by Angelina Jolie's first husband. After a rough first episode, "Life on Mars" was much better for it's second episode. This show sort of has a "Lost" feel to it. The main character, Sam Tyler, has gone back into time to the year 1973. But the question is, is that reality or is he in a coma and hallucinating 1973? (He certainly wouldn't be the first person who hallucinated 1973.) Is there some other explanation? My real question is: "When we find out the actual explanation will it be plausible?" I don't know but I will just go with the flow and enjoy.

The third quality show I am enjoying is "Mad Men". As good as this show is I am feeling like I am missing a lot. I have not seen any of the episodes from the first season. I would highly reccomend that you rent the DVD for the first season and watch all 13 of those episodes first. Then you can watch the episodes for this season, it will help everything make a lot more sense. One more viewers note, you can skip the Demi Moore movie "Striptease". It was so boring that I fell asleep halfway through. Other than seeing Demi Moore's fantastic body and gorgeous face, there isn't much to reccomend this supposed comedy.

Speaking of overexposed in more ways than one. Have you seen Britney Spears new video for the song "Womanizer"? It is very sexy and she is looking very good. Although the song isn't that good. Also Beyonce has a video for her new song, "Single Ladies". Again the song is not that good, it is very repetitive. The dancing in the video is embarassingly bad.

Upcoming CD's: I am going to seperate them into four categories 1) "Chinese Democracy" 2) CD's that I think will be good 3) CD's that I think will be bad and 4) CD's that could go either way.

Category One: "Chinese Democracy", it seems like this CD deserves it's own category with all of it's history. I checked bestbuy.com and the date of this CD has now been pushed back two days and will now (allegedly) be released on November 25th. It is now scheduled to be released on a Tuesday, that is the traditional release date for almost 100% of all CD's. So no concern there, but who knows. Still no official word from Guns n' Roses lame official website. I am keeping my chances of this CD actually coming out this year at 2%.

Category Two: The good CD's. The first one in this category is AC/DC's "Black Ice" which comes out exclusively tomorrow at Wal-Mart. I am very excitedly looking forward to this CD. Other potentially good CD's, scheduled release dates in parenthesis. 1) David Cook's still untitled CD (11/18) released on the strength of his "American Idol" momentum. My suggested title, "Cougar Bait". 2) The "Twilight" Soundtrack (11/4) ew.com is giving it a pretty favorable review. However the thing I am most excited about is this CD has two new Paramore songs on it. They are one of my favorite new bands. 3) "Fearless" (11/11) Taylor Swift 4) "Funhouse" (10/28) Pink 5) Greatest Hits (10/28)- Rascal Flatts 6) "Safe Trip Home" (11/4)- Dido

Category Three: The bad CD's. 1) Britney Spears still untitled new CD (12/2). This CD will be released on her birthday, isn't that cute? My suggested title for this CD, "Coasting on My Former Glory" 2) "Dark Horse" (11/18)- Nickelback. Seriously how is this lame band still around, they should change their name to moneyback. Then that is what they should give to their deluded fans. At least Britney Spears is gorgeous. 3) "808's and Heartbreak"(Sometime in November) - Kanye West He says there is no rapping on this CD. Be warned. 4) "Take It To The Limit" (11/4)- Hinder I have a better title, how about, "Take It To The Trashcan". 5) David Archuletta's still untitled CD (11/11). My suggestion for the title, "Boring". It may not be good but at least it can win a truth in advertising award. Then in the no this is not a joke category, and a CD I think that will sell tens of copies. 6) "Early Works" (10/28)- Taylor Hicks This potentially could be the worst CD released all year.

Category Four: The Coin Flip CD's or who knows whether they will be good or not. 1) "That Don't Make Me A Bad Guy" (10/28)- Toby Keith 2) "iKons" (10/21) A Kiss boxset 3) "Day and Age" (11/25)- The Killers 4) "4:13 Dream" (10/28)- The Cure 5) "Play"- Brad Paisley Normally I would put this in the good category. However most of these songs are just instrumentals with Paisley showing off his guitar prowess. Only four of these songs Paisley is singing on. 6) "Cosmic Universal Fashion" (11/18)- Sammy Hagar

Two more notes congrats to the Tampa Bay Rays for having the intestinal fortitude to win Game 7 of the ALCS. Good luck in the World Series. I predict Boston will bounce back next year by adding more offense to their lineup. In my last blog I said I would be mentioning a hot new female country singer. I was going to listen to more of her songs on Rhapsody, but my internet has been in and out all day. So I am going to have to delay that until an upcoming blog. She is worth the wait and mystery.

Last but certainly not least, songs that are rocking my iPod. 1) "Fallen Angel"- Poison 2) "Mickey"- Toni Basil 3) "Manic Depression"- Jimi Hendrix 4) "Elevation"- U2 5) "Who Made Who" (Live)- AC/DC 6) "Silent All These Years"- Tori Amos 7) "Enjoy The Silence"- Depeche Mode 8) "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (Live 1983)- U2 9) "Animal"- Def Leppard 10) "My Sacrifice"- Creed 11) "Teenage Dirtbag"- Wheatus 12) "The Shortest Straw"- Metallica 13) "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"- Nancy Sinatra 14) "Come on Eileen"- Dexy's Midnight Runners 15) "Hey Nineteen"- Steely Dan 16) "I'll Be Alright Without You"- Journey 17) "Hella Good"- No Doubt 18) "My Wave"- Soundgarden 19) Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"- The Platters. This is one of the greatest songs of all-time. 20) "Still Within The Sound Of My Voice"- Linda Ronstadt A really powerful song.

That is it for today, I don't know when I will be back, have a good week.
themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites